Quick Post

Tuesday torrents

Tuesday torrents
  • The Llano river to the north of us rose 20 feet in one hour.
    Crazy dangerous. Huge thunder storms coming through.
    Usually they split and go around us. We are watching radar closely.

Rain sheets are on. Vehicles parked under trees for hail protection.
    Nothing to do but wait it out.

Ironic my new hay barn is suppose to be delivered today.
    Just a portable 12 x 20-3 sided carport.
    Pilot called them yesterday to forewarn about the dangerous weather.
    Their comment was if we rescheduled they would charge us extra. Pilot told them to come on ahead.

I hope everyone has a totally safe Tuesday.
  • Warm and sunny here today.  Mares are out.  Whisper still hates being out.  Picked a new cell phone plan yesterday and put a down payment on a phone.  I want to use up my prepaid minutes I have on my cell  before I transfer to the other one.  Same parent company but different names.  I picked out a smart phone.  I picked one that is supposed to have a great camera.  I figure I will do more picture taking than calling on it anyway but am getting an unlimited talk plan.

No special plans for today.  Lots I can do but somehow, the desire to do things evades me.

We have a car tent about 12 x 20.  It is covered by some kind of tarp/canvas.  Shelter Logic.  Has kept the car snow free for at least three winters now.  Looks like we will get another winter out of it before we need a new cover.  It is only about six feet from the road so there is very little shoveling needed.  be none at all if someone  that lives here would get the snowblower working.

Hoping everyone has a super week.

• DON'T FAINT! I actually cranked up the laptop and had to stop by. I order groceries to be delivered to my son occasionally and tonight was one of those times. It's getting late so I need to get in bed (nearly 8pm) LOL

It actually rained here pretty good on.... Sunday I think it was. So that was the first time in the 8 weeks I've been here. I have to wonder about the DaneHaven Ranch. Lots of rain brings the neighborhood lunatic out, doesn't it? At least the tanks will get filled, won't they? Are there still horses over there? I probably need to read up on some past threads.

All is well here. Work is great. Dogs are fine. Getting old and somewhat senile. Can't fault them for that. They're on a pretty good feeding program so they're still enjoying life and are fairly spry.

I did a rescue transport - little Eskie dog had been turned into the pound (they don't euth unless the dog isn't healthy or is vicious) The owner was a woman who had 3 kids, divorce, homeless. I'm off of fb for the month so I can't find her but I know she's posted on the local fb page. I'd like to let her know her Snowden was last seen in a BMW on his way to San Francisco with his attorney dad. I drove him to Bakersfield. I only had him with me for about 24hrs but we became great friends and my dogs liked the little guy. He was 12. I cried when I got in my car and he was looking out the BMW window for me. ugh. I hope he's fine. His new dad prepares fresh meals for him. *snicker* I guess he'll be fine.

There's a BLM Mustang holding pen about 5 miles from me. Totally fell in love with a gorgeous sorrel. wow. So I got apples and carrots today for my next trip there. I should go during the day when the admin lady is there. I can't volunteer there but she said they are always needing pictures so I can at least do that.

The sale fell through on the house so it's still on the market - open house this weekend. I don't have much faith in those. But if anyone wants to toss a prayer up - I need for it to sell. That mortgage payment needs to be going towards a truck and trailer!!

I hope the hay shelter made it safely and everyone is doing well.

• Hunterseat to catch you up.

The lunatic sold and moved.  Not far enough but away.

My dad is v-e-r-y antagonistic so I don't go there unless he i s gone  to church

Sis does the majority of dealing with him and she is nearly fed up.

The tanks here - one is full and overflows with every rain.

The other is shut off as it has a leak. Have not been able to get the builder to come and fix it.

So rainwater system is still not completed.

Pilot will  resort to hounding him after he ships the 701 kit parts off to Florida.

He also sold the Chupa.

The dumb-ies did come with the barn kit. in the middle of a raging toad-strangling thunderstorm.

Decided when they got here it was not doable due to weather conditions and had to reschedule. (REALLY!)

I hope things go as you wish.