Quick Post

Octobre Uno

Octobre Uno
  • Already!
    Days are getting shorter.
    The butterfly migration is going strong. Waves and waves of all kinds pass right through this area.

Chupa plane is gone. Pilot feels relieved.

We usually do pizza on Thursday evenings. Pilot makes from scratch rarely. Mostly we do frozen.
    Since we (he) is low carb we found a cauliflower crust one at costco that actually is really good.
    I should try making a cauliflower crust. Recipe sounds easy enough but I don't mind the ease of frozen except we are out.
    Will stock up now that we know they are good. The only good restaurant pizza we have found here is in Johnson City at the brewery.
    We meet friends there occasionally.

B and I rode yesterday. The cleannish horses were Jet and Tex so we took them.
    Awesome ride. Can't remember when Tex was ridden last? He was perfect.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and an awesome upcoming week!

• I use cauliflower as a substitute for pasta a lot.  Will have to try the crust.    Pizza sounds good.

• Wife made a Mac N' Cheese last which was 1/2 cauliflower and 1/2 noodles for the first time. It was good.

Vet visit went well and horses are all in a good weight area now. Did not ask about Friday court date, figured it was none of my business. Vet had plenty of tales as it was. If a rooster becomes aggressive and goes after him, they are chicken dumplings that night. :-)

Took Fancy and Apache out Sunday, they were awesome. We don't ride like we use to and it is nice having two horses that can take breaks from being ridden and behave when it is time to go out.. Use to ride 2x a weekend and now I have a problem remembering our last rides. Life gets in the way a lot lately.

• Jmebear is on a low-no carb diet also.  She makes her pizza crust with Almond flour.  It's pretty good.

• Stude, could you get her to let you share the recipe?