Quick Post

Happy Friday (Urrrrr)

Happy Friday (Urrrrr)
  • Typically on Fridays I kinda fade away from work between 2-3. Get horses taken care of a little early and off to dinner with the wife. Today, some bonehead had to schedule a meeting from 3:30 - 5. What, on a Friday!?!?!  I haven't stayed at work until 5 in a LONG LONG time.

Of well, I have a job so stop whining! I was taking a 1/2 day today for the semi-annual vet visit so that would have excused me from the meeting. That was rescheduled for Monday because ALL the vets have to go to court today!

• Nothing special planned here yet for today.  I went to PT yesterday and things are going so well that I don't have to go back for a week.  I got a cervical traction device and the PT guy showed me how to use it.  He seems to like it better than the one they have at PT.  What he has been doing and teaching  is helping.  The neck is moving better and the tension in the shoulders is less.  If I am good next time we start on PT for the hip.  I might be in decent shape by winter.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Sorry for your long Friday Face.

Why are Vets in court? I hope no-one has an emergency.

I feel your pain Connie literally.

I tried reducing my CRPS meds in order to reduce side effect issues.

Of course, a major stress issue came up and I got behind the pain curve. Had to up the dose again.

And my cervical started up also so I need to concentrate on my PT exercises again.

I am curious about your traction device?

Pilot has a buyer for the Chupa plane. He is coming from MS with a trailer.

There goes the weekend. Cooking and cleaning for guests.  I needed to make spaghetti sauce anyway.

The cabin is clean but needs dust and cobweb removal.

It will be nice for Pilot to have that plane project removed from his plate.

I am hoping the rain holds off to get this job done.

Everyone have a  fun-urrrr Friday!

• I got a Saunders cervical traction device on ebay.  It is the one my PT guy told me he liked best.  works off air pressure.  It does the same thing a person can do for you only better.  It pulls the bottom of your skull away from your feet (guess that works as a description).  Knees bent.  I feel it all the way to my tail bone.  It really is helping me.

I imagine you can go on line and research them.  Used is about  $150 but that is about half the price of new and they generally come with a carrying case and an instruction book.

Hope the plane gets to go for a trailer ride.

• Friday meeting was moved from 3:30-5 to 2:30-4 and ended up last 1 hour. I left my normal Mon-Thur time. Restaurants were still crazy by the time we got there but we did Sam's and Bed, Bath & Beyond 1st.

Our Vet practice is who all the local authorities go to for horse abuse/neglect cases. The owner vet is constantly in the news when such cases come up. I imagine is has something to do about that. I am sure he will share when he gets here Monday. He also trains all the mounted police and posse's in the area and always has some good stories to tell.

• Would love to chat with your vet.  He sounds very interesting.