Quick Post

September Sunday

September Sunday
  • Fall is coming.
    We have rain chances all week again. But no cooler temps yet.

It was an enjoyable day yesterday.
    I worked with a good friend.

Then dashed home and did chores, showered and headed to the fish fry.
    Tricky timing to get through town before they close the highway for the parade.
    Had an early start but Pilot forgot his hat and we had to circle back a little way.
    We made it just as they were putting cones out for road closure.

Got to the fry at the same time friends did so we got to sit together.
    It is a huge crowd and difficult to find anyone.
    But I did get to see all my bradas.

Today I need to get Tex's feet done for a trail ride tomorrow.

I hope everyone has an exceptional Sunday!

• Nice day here so far - not noon yet. The dogs got me up to take them to the dog park. Seems my life revolves around the dog park. Ah well. They won't be around forever. They're pretty much calling the shots outside of my work hours. Even then I come home for lunch. lol

Connie, great news about your health. I'm glad you're feeling better.

MK, I can picture Harper when I read your posts. I guess Frontier Days was in F'burg? I do miss that place and the people in it.

I've got a little "homework" to do. I cleaned yesterday and went to the Saturday evening service so... nothing much else happening until it's cooler out and we go to the dog park. hahahaha Of course, if I had money I'd probably be out spending it. Gotta wait for payday. THEN I'll spend some!  I've got to get my household stuff shipped here!! I'm not positive but I think it's this air mattress that's messing up my back, although it could be the vacuuming. Silly I know but vacuuming will do it. Sure sign I need to get into the gym!

Face, are you buying a camper?

• We put money down on a camper Saturday and will pick it up in Sep 15. Would be getting it sooner but are going to VA the 7-9. We have always loved camping. For several years we had a 1982 Popup that belong to my parents and when they got too old they gave it to us. Used it for a good decade+ and it started having serious issues and I just don't have the time to deal with that sort of thing, so we sold and were very honest about the known issues. Then we got a tent and enjoyed that for several years. Setting up a tent campground and taking it down is a lot of work. Kinda getting beyond that.

When my sister passed she had a IRA account with myself and 3 siblings as beneficiaries. While working on Probate stuff I called them and learned that since the  beneficiaries were setup that it did not have to go to thru probate. Those funds were instantly available to us. We paid off a lot of debt, gave each of the three boys a nice little shot in the arm that they did not expect, am able to pay cash for the camper and still have money left. If I had left her pension where it was the same would have been done with it, but I had no clue how all this worked, so I had already cashed it out and it is now going thru probate. Live and Learn, then die.

Have to pay taxes on the money but no penalties when taking it out. My sister only worked a REAL job for about 10 years. She was dating a Dr. who passed while they were dating and we suspect he left her money as I don't see how she could have built up the funds in her IRA like she did in 10 years. She had bought a house, mortgaged it, paid cash for cars..... When she was married she never really worked, she taught yoga at the various Army bases her husband was stationed at. I say not a real job and that may offend some, but she had no retirement planning going on until after the divorce and when she started working afterwards, which only lasted 10 years.

• HAHA, I ain't finished yet!

The camper plan is AT LEAST 4 trips a year. We were going to wait until end of year to buy. We already had a trip scheduled for October at Hunting Island, SC so we decided to bite the bullet now. My son in VA and I plan to put an RV outlet at his house for us so we can hook up there as they have no guest room. His significant other's mother also has a camper so it would benefit her as well. Am also going to put an outlet at the barn for overflow guest accommodations. Laying in bed last night thinking that the perfect spot for it at the barn which would require a VERY SHORT run of cable to the outlet is right next to the chickens. Guest probably don't want to hear a rooster going off starting between 4-5am.