Quick Post

wandering Wednesday...

wandering Wednesday...
  • Wandering around muttering, " can't do that, nope not that either, can't do those..."  Missed my appointment with the Chiropractor yesterday and have to wait till tomorrow afternoon.  So I'm shuffling around looking a bit like Quasimoto...

Figured I could run the tractor/backhoe yesterday so removed the half-buried chain link gate that was bothering and worrying Jmebear.  Of course this involved moving a lot of dirt as it was half-buried.  The advantage is that a few yards of earth got moved up the hill to start the turn-around on our carriage trail.  Only have about eight or ten more to go with a quarter-yard bucket.

Still not able to start the '58 pickup after  a week of puzzling with it.  I'm just going to have to break down and take the starter off.  With only a big-six in there that engine compartment looks as big as Iowa.  Till you need to turn a wrench I'm sure.

Jumped my truck today.  Fired right up.  I need a new battery.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Good day here. Work. It's a little difficult being a new person. I have my ways of doing things and I'm integrating my ways into the processes in place here. For the same organization (just different location) they do things WAY different here. Anyway, I'm treading lightly because "they don't like her, he doesn't like him, we don't give a darn..." attitudes. I want to do two things. Make my organization look good and make my customers happy. So get out of my way, y'all!

100 degrees out and the school kids are out running laps after school. Craziness. I need to take the dogs to the park - it's still 98, though. I'm going to wait a little while longer. They keep bugging me. They don't count the backyard as "going out". :) No friends.

I hope all is well wherever you are. Happy hump day.

• Got a welcome call from the doctor's office yesterday.  The blood test showed nothing to worry about but the Dr. wants me to see the eye Dr. anyway.  Guess who already had an appointment with the eye doctor?  Right.  Next month is my annual appointment.    Since there is no rush, it will work.  I did call the  Eye Doctor's office and give them a head's up that the other doctor should be sending them some information.  

When I was at the doctor's on Monday, I asked the  doctor in training if there was a chance that my Allegra D might be part of the problem.  I  know I have vision problems with Rhinocort.   He never got back to me on that.  So....Tuesday evening I did NOT take my Allegra D.  I checked on line and , while the two drugs do not have ingredients in common, the side effects are pretty much the same.  Woke up on Wednesday with almost no headache and got through the day without issue.  So, the Allegra D that I ordered ahead on line  is probably not going to be of any use to me.  My youngest son has allergies so I can send it to him, If he can take it.

Some heavy rain storms last night with an accompanying light and sound show.  Much cooler today.  Nice out even if there is a slight sprinkle going on.

Horses are out.  they do go to pasture but they do not seem to like it down there.  I can only wonder if the ground bees are there?  I am thinking I need to get them a round bale for  the barnyard.  Hate to use all the small squares that I can handle alone before winter.

Have a super day and rest of the week.