Quick Post

Monday multitude

Monday multitude
  • Resource meeting this morning.
    We should get through a multitude of small issues.
    I have partial inventory to do but may save it for Thursday.
    I will have a couple community service kids after school.

Hunterseat you may want to invest in a berkey filter.
    Not workable for horses but would work for you and the dogs.
    And no I still wouldn't move a horse to a huge climate and location change just for a couple years.
    In my experience it takes an incredibly long time for horses to adapt to a new situation.

Connie you didn't by chance get dehydrated?
    When I have a headache coming on I will often drink a gatorade and some water.
    Sometimes it helps and sure can't hurt.
    I don't think people realize how little they hydrate until they really make an effort to keep track of their water consumption.

I will try and work on Sarcee's feet. when I get home. There are hints of a trail ride this weekend.
    I also was offered a most awesome place to trail ride! So we need to get some horses and peeps ready for the fall ride season.

Have a great Monday!

• I called over to the health center and they gave me an end of the day appointment,  4pm.  It is possible I got dehydrated.  I do try to drink a lot of water but there is a tendency for me to drink coffee in the morning and I don't go on to water until later in the day.  You have made a good suggestion and I will try and implement it.    Time to test the bladder capacity.  Hmmm, that might be TMI.

I have been reclining most of the day.  I feel better prone.  I will, however have to go over and take care of the girls before I head out for the doctor's office.  I don't think I have ever met this one.  My doctor of choice moved to a bigger practice in a bigger place.

Son in HI called and all is well, they have some flood damage to things they had stored in totes and the water floated and tipped them.  Now, I think it is mostly getting in and out of where they live due to low spots still holding water.  The rains seem to have stopped for now.

Have a good day, all.

• About twenty years ago I was working out rather intensely at a hard-core gym.  I used to drink between two and three gallons of water a day.  One gallon whilst I was working out alone.  I used an energy drink that was orange flavoured and had all kinds of warnings and advisories on the back label.  So I called it Agent Orange.  Funny thing about it is that half way into my workout I smelled like oranges.  A lot of the fellas used to get a big laugh out of it.  The ladies used to like it quite a lot...  Had to stop using the stuff though as it was causing serious problems with blood pressure and my prostrate.

Gorgeous day today!  If only the majority of summer were like this, I would love summer.  Sure am enjoying the change in temp though.

Was doing some changes in fencing between Firefly and the mares.  The two little mares who's pen I was working in were very curious what I was doing and were very busy frisking me for cookies.  Then when Isabella couldn't find any she turned around and backed into me demanding a butt scratch.  She's a panic, and no mistake!  Belle, the new mare, loves to supervise too.

I'm trying to be good and not stress my back today.  However there is so much to do and it's boring just sitting around...

Hope everyone has a great week!

• The doctor suggested more water too.  She had a young med student named Peter with her.  First the LPN did my interview.  Then he did it.  Then the dr. came and he told her what he thought and then she interviewed me.  Not complaining.  I think it is the first hour long appointment I have had where I didn't sit there alone with my puzzle book.  I go in first thing Tuesday (today) morning for blood work.  She is suspicious of the headaches and vision changes.  Blood work.  if that is good fine.  if not, biopsy and a visit to the eye doctor.  She is worried about some kind of inflammation  that will show up in blood work and can cause blindness.  If caught early, it can be taken care of .  Hate the nasty word steroids, but better than blind.  

She checked my neck area since I asked if tenseness there could cause some of the headache/eye issues.  Yep, a possiblility apparently.  I get to go for PT to help get the tightness out of that area.  I am looking forward to that.  I know I have been under a lot of stress lately...well for months, so the freeing up of the neck area will certainly be an improvement.

Golly, A lot about my health.  I called my son in HI last night and shared with him.  No interest here at the house in my health.

Have a great week.