Quick Post

Tremendous Thursday

Tremendous Thursday
  • Tremendous amount of work as usual, I'm sure.
    Ever onward. The work is easier when you do it with good friends.

Went to the farm store yesterday. Got all the necessaries.
    Boss, mouse traps, molasses tub, mineral and salt blocks... you get the idea.
    Hit the Italian spot for a carb lunch of alfredo on linguine. It will help me get through today energy wise. Right?

Still high 90's which I don't mind but it has been a bit too humid for my taste.
    The heat will likely be over in a couple weeks.

I hope everyone is keeping cool!
  • The temps have dropped here quite a bit.  Most especially at night.  I've been able to shut off the AC before going to bed and leave it off till around noon.  Then it gets up into the lower nineties till just before dusk.  Takes a few hours after dusk for the skin of the trailer to cool off before I can shut down again.

Since most of the fires around here have abated and/or are out, the smoke level has dropped considerably.  Today I decided the kiddies can return to their training schedules.  So, I'm gonna be a bit busy with a pony, several minis and Socks to keep worked.  

Not to mention the many projects that need completing here and in Fawn Lodge.  Due to a lot of unexpected expenses this month, anything at Fawn Lodge is out as I don't have the gas money to be running all the way up there.  Good news is my mechanic friend finally figured out what was wrong with my truck.  It was a bad camshaft.  Over five hundred dollars later that was solved.  Went up to Fawn Lodge for the day and got my mail.  Seems I forgot to renew my insurance in April and the DMV cancelled my registration at the end of July.  Great.  That was another two hundred or so out the window...  Budget?  What's a budget?

Restored the fence between the back paddock and the Barnyard last week and now the minis have the full yard again.  Actually a bit more than they used to.  Happy babies all.  We decided to start releasing Benny with Belle, Jmebear's new broodmare.  Surprise, surprise, surprise, they get along famously!  Bennie likes being a big brother to Belle.

Well, I just fell asleep at the keyboard.  Looks like it's time to hit the hay.  Hope everyone here has a blessed Friday (good gosh, was it really Thursday already?) and a great weekend!

• Dipped down to 58 here in SC. Can't wait until Fall, which is my favorite season.

• Fall I love.  Spring I love.  Winter I tolerate.  Summer I can't abide with.