Quick Post

Thursday tried

Thursday tried
  • to get the bathing done yesterday.
    Only got Jet and Tex. They still need tails brushed and trimmed.
    Tonto is the next worst and bath is necessary.
    The girls seem to like to stay cleaner.

Amy is due to ride tomorrow and she likes to bathe so maybe everyone will get done.

Connie I made a pineapple, blueberry oatmeal cookie this time.
    Crushed canned pineapple and dried blueberries.
    It's good, but like you I would rather drop the sugar. I will reduce the sugar next round.
    Trying to find a good cookie/snack to carry with me for volunteer days.

Speaking of which I need to get moving.
    I hope everyone has a sweet day!

• I'm still getting adjusted - I have a feeling it will take a while. 105 today. *yawn* No big deal. (because my air conditioning works in the car!) The cooling vests are a HUGE help for the dogs.

Went by the "stables" today. yikes. Kind of brutal. There are horses there, though. Looks like the moon. Anyway the dogs got their vests on and we walked around a little.

I just got approved for an apartment which is in former military housing. That's really close to base so I can probably go home for lunch. There's a doggy door to the backyard. THERE'S A BACKYARD! Okay it's dirt right now but we have plans. It's very reasonable, too. It has a garage as well. Now to try to talk the owner into giving me a break on the amount he wants just to get into that place! I have to have an address to get my relocation expenses reimbursed. That will really help. The trip over chipped away at any extra I had. Which, by the way, was easier because I got a cash award from my prior supervisor. Actually 2 and I think only one has hit the bank so far.

Anywho, I'm so ready to start work. I've been burning up gas cruising around dreaming of possibly buying a house or property. I think I'm over it. There's a 10 acre piece going for $8000. Yes, only 3 zeros. Then I could get a kit from a cool metal building place pretty cheap... STOP IT! I don't want to invest in this land of dirt. Just do my 2 or 3 years... 4 if I stay until I retire.

OH I took the dogs to a dog wash. That was fun - and way overdue. :) Hope the horses got washed. Scrape the cement off...

Later my friends. Miss this place. I've got my laptop going with the free wifi at this motel room. I should be here more often now.

• Hoping good things for you, Hunter.  Glad you arrived safely.

It is supposed to rain here again today.  Cal is over half way through his vacation.  He got some firewood, and FINALLY is attacking that awful thing he put in my paddock , tearing it down so I can use the paddock once again.  He is almost finished.

Once the paddock is ready I will be able to try Bella in there.  I think she will be okay but I am more confident there and she will feed from that so she should be great.

Have fed about half the animals here...the ones in the house.  I am having coffee and will be taking care of the ones outside and in the barn soon.  they don't have a regular feed time so none of them fret.  We might get some severe storms  later.  A lot of flooding in our area with the rain the other day.

Have a super day, each and every one of you.