Quick Post

Shoot it's Sunday

Shoot it's Sunday
  • We are having a family target practice day.
    B begged me to make tacos so it will be.

Pilot's 89 year old cousin from El Paso stayed over yesterday.
    He is doing his 3 week Texas driving tour visiting friends and relatives.

The ride with Amy on Friday went very well. She took Tex.
    Chica is getting the hang of trail riding.

Everyone hang in there with the heat.
    It is better than shoveling snow.

• I have to keep reminding myself that this place used to resemble the farm on Nanny McFee II in the winter (sans the mud-monsters on the driveway).  Got all the slop taken care of along with the drainage issues.  Still, what with the ever present dust (it's kinda like walking in talc or baby powder in some places) which is dried mud basically, and suffocating heat, I'm really looking forward to rain and snow...  I can only take so much off and people start running away screaming in terror.

• Hi again.

Stude. oh my. Afghanistan. I was just saying it gets cold there in the winter. Well, that matches, too, right? Just not THAT cold. I was in Kuwait and it got a teensy bit cold there and 130 in the summer.

Maybe this is the week I find out a start date. I can be patient, right? My new supervisor has directed me to be patient. So I have to be. ughh!!

I'M SO IMPATIENT.

So yesterday I was at the Stdb Retirement Foundation and 4 went to NY and 1 additional one went to live with a couple of little girls.  A very good day. Went to see Zac Brown in Camden which was pretty close to the farm. (bout an hour) It was a good weekend. Drove the Lincoln. Nice!

I'm on my phone hotspot. Glad to have it.

• Well  one nice thing about China lake is that you are close to the mountains and the sea.  If you get tired of the heat, you can drop down to Santa Barbara or Ventura.  There is a really cool trailer park right close to the ocean and Ventura County Fairgrounds that has a lot of vintage travel trailers all refurbished and better than new to stay in.  There's even a Spartanette same model as mine, though fully restored.   Waypoint Ventura, a very cool alternative to a beachfront hotel.  Then there's Lake Isabella just about next door to China lake.  

As to extreme temps, it has made it up to 120 and over numerous times in the last few years in Redding.  Often the valley is just as hot as China Lake, it's just we get rain and snow too.  One would think being six hundred-fifty-odd miles north would make it cooler...