Quick Post

Tuesday the 17th. YES IT'S ME

Tuesday the 17th. YES IT'S ME
  • I'm just getting by, trying not to stress. My new job is awaiting the approval of my relocation amount (believe me it's not a large sum). If you google China Lake, put on the satellite, and see the stables out to the east of the base with 14 pens... it looks like the moon. I'm just not sure old man Zag is ready to live there. On the other hand, he has no shelter during the snowy winter, not that there's that much in KY.

Anyway house is STILL not listed. But it's almost finished being painted outside (then gutters), the kitchen backsplash materials are all here (now to have it installed) AND still the bathroom. But it's going, albeit slowly.

I could go on and on.

I'm so proud of Chica. Wow. I have my treeless Aussie I'll take with me. I have another saddle I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I'd love to park it somewhere that could really use a honking big saddle. hmmm.... anyone? Beuller?
  • Yes, took me a minute to figure it out.
    Headed to Fburg for the day. In need of some more down time.

Suppose to be too hot tomorrow and Thursday. It will pass.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Hey Hunterseat good to see you. We were posting at the same time so I joined threads.

Good luck on the move, Details for the trip when you have them?

• Mwah! Mwah! (kisses)

I got a great deal on a near perfect Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series), not sure if I told you. That's my cross country car. Dogs will have lots of room. Slow drive across, stopping at Denver to visit my sister.

I need a start date, which I'll get as soon as my relocation amount that I asked for is approved or.. whatever. I just want to get there. The stables look like the moon. Anyway, that's all I know. Might take furniture, might not. Lots of cheap choices in apartments. I'm going to get a place as close as I can to work. Hoping for a bit of dog yard.

• I think you will find the environment familliar at China Lake Hunter.  You were stationed in Afghanistan, right?  Not quite so severe, but close.  Take it from someone who knows Southern California very well, PLEASE don't send for Zag for a few months!  Going from Kentucky to China Lake is going to be adjustment enough for you and the dogs.  

Just checked the weather report at the Lake (?) and found it's only nine degrees warmer and fifteen percent less humidity than here (35% here).  So a hundred-nine is actually cooler than Redding.

Best of all fortune with your move Hunter.  May our Gracious Lord protect and guide you on your road trip and remain beside you out in the desert.