Quick Post

Saturday sizzle

Saturday sizzle
  • Still shuffling along zombie-like in the heat.  Didn't get a lot done today.  Since I wasn't up to much, Louie got a harness put together and fitted up.  For a Modern Shetland, he was a very patient pony.  He seemed confused when I had to sit on the back steps for a few minutes.  The heat really was getting the better of me.  At that point he was fully harnessed and Louie kept looking at the cart, sitting a few feet away and back at me.  He seemed to be fully expecting to be put to.   Poor Louie was disappointed when I took the harness off and put it away.  Cookies helped, but he clearly wanted to go out for a bit.  Maybe tomorrow.

I just hope the world doesn't burn up because of the 4th.  Dry and hot as it is, fireworks are a really bad idea this year.  At least in this area.

Here's hoping everyone has a great and Blessed Sunday!

• Sister's storage unit is now EMPTY. Got it done yesterday so no July payment. I am thankful that we had a climate controlled unit. It was cheaper than a non climate controlled place.

Really bad storm this past week. Lost power for a while. The lightning was so intense that after the storm ended I ended up wandering around with a flashlight making sure the horses were OK. They were but didn't care for me and the flashlight at 1 AM wandering around. If I hadn't checked, I would never have fallen back asleep.

Hope to take Fancy and Apache out today, early to beat the heat.

• Left on Wednesday to spend a few days with old friends.  Had a fabulous time.  Got home today (Sunday) at a little after noon.  We spent 4 days and night mostly talking and catching up.  Life is good.

Left the air conditioned hotel and got in my air conditioned truck.  Came home to 95* and someone (not saying who, but he lives here) left the patio door open so it was just about as hot in as out.   It has dropped three degrees in two hours with the poor little air conditioner working its heart out.  I will survive.