Quick Post

Lots of Rain

Lots of Rain
  • Lots of rain lately. Good for hay growth, but not so good for cutting and baling.

Horses are in upper pasture and depending what happens in the Gulf may move them down to the barn for the holiday weekend. If it floods we are cut off from the horses and my sister's house. Don't care about sister, horses on the other hand....

Gradually emptying out OTHER sister's storage unit. She had no relation with her son and wants him to have nothing, however, probate court wants his address and I think they will make me contact him. Her Will clearly states he gets nothing. This is going to be a pain in the *** closing out her estate.

• Face, Why did you put your sister's estate into probate in the first place?  Is that a requirement in your state?  If there is a will, usually that isn't required.  It may be her wish the fellow gets nothing, but in the final analysis, does it matter?  At this point my first two questions are moot as you have already filed.  My point is, if the fellow wants his mother's things, is he so evil that you reallllly need to withhold them?  I can tell you from my family's experiences in Probate court, fighting at all gets expensive and can consume the entire estate very quickly.  By the by, all questions are rhetorical.  the answers are really none of my business.  However, having closed out five lives already, you have my sympathy for the trial you are facing.  Being the executor of an estate is a pain with little or no reward.

Seventy percent chance of rain here in Soviet California.  Looks like it will be seventy percent of the day raining.  Not entirely a bad thing as it will keep everything damp, the dust and the temps down too.  For a while anyway.  Due to the missing fence, the grass behind the barn is at an alarming height.  We NEED to do something about it!

Blanketed Firefly this morning as he was shivering with the cold.  He seems to be doing better now.  Liebchen seems to take after her father as she too was shivering.  So she got the water-resistant blanket and daddy the soft, warm one.  Both are doing better.  Poor little girl seems to have inherited Daddy's refinement in her coat.  You'd never know she has spent the whole winter at liberty in a paddock with her companions all alone and no real care.  She's lovi'n being home with Momma, all the attention, and good grub!  Not to mention the big red ball she loves to play with.

Off tomorrow early to the San Francisco Bay Area to get a cart for Socks.  Looking forward to the thing as KGs are the best modern vehicle available I know of.  They might not be the most elegant or fancy, but they are practical, durable, and most importantly, comfortable for both horse and driver.

Well, I've wasted enough time today on the World Wide Waste of time.  Hope everyone around here has a great day and a great weekend coming up.

• Probate is required in SC if you have over 25K in assets. She never worked while she was married and raising her kids, other than teaching aerobics on military basis'. She ended up working as a programmer with TimeWarner cable for about 10 years. She managed to have quite an impressive savings. Not sure how she did this. She was dating a Dr. at one point and he died, I suspect he left her a nice chunk.

Over the years I heard tales of nastiness about the ex and the kids. I have also found evidence the other way. There are two sides of every story and the truth lies somewhere in between. I have actually been putting stuff away for her son and her ex that I think they would want.

At the end of the day, I just don't want complications and there is a chance if I do contact him that he may not come forward. The last time there was contact between the 2 that I am aware of was late 90s or early 2000s. He was supposed to be the one to tell her about her daughter, another sister ended up telling her. In 2011 I was in contact with him and his wife trying to encourage a reconnection to this side of the family. It got to the point that they would ignore all communication from me, so I quit and lost contact.

I will do what the probate tells me I should do. Last fall my sister had me as he sole beneficiary which I did not know about. There were 7 of us kids. 5 of us were always close and on the same page, the other two, idiots. So in the Will it myself and the other 3 GOOD siblings. Her IRA had already been switched from just me to the four of us. Her pension was just me, but I requested that money prior to her death and it will be deposited into her account and split between the 4.  When we were working on the Will I questioned my sister about how things were set up and she wanted it to be just me, and I said "no". I asked about her son and he said "no". I told he about splitting things among the 4 good siblings and she was OK with that, but not thrilled.  

If he comes forth, we will figure something out. I will not put up a big fight as lawyers would get a pretty penny. Right now, I won't need a lawyer on my end.

• Also, within my bloodline, when wronged by someone we are pretty much done with you for good.

• Sorry to hear all that Face.  I hope it all works out for you and yours for the best.