Quick Post

Saturday sleepy

Saturday sleepy
  • I stayed up too late.
    Extra Saturday shift for me today since I switched to be off last week so we could drive to Wax.

Pilot is going to work on plane today. It still has electrical/starter trouble. He is very frustrated.

Momma cow has finally decided it is ok for the baby to be at the feeding pen.
    He has grown taller. Longer legs means he is even faster now. Pilot calls him Speedy Gonzales.

We went to help our friend feed cows yesterday morning. Her husband is out of town and they have a mean cow with a calf.
    Snorting, horn shaking, mean. She is leaving as soon as her calf is weaned.

Did a bit of work yesterday at the cabin. Readying the front porch to put big thick cedar posts instead of the wimpy, spindly looking posts that are there.
    Sure wish we had Stude-expertise with all these projects.

Hoping it is a peaceful day for everyone!
  • Thanks for the compliment.  Wish I could be there to help.

• Okay, Stude, I thought of another neighborhood habit and that's throwing garbage out back. Couches, stuff like that. I guess as long as you don't go behind their house you'd never know. I think we chased a dog back there and WOW. But still, no reason to complain. Our little oasis is great. Wish it belonged to someone else now. I feel like I'll be out of here in a few weeks. I'd like to have about a month or two at the least.

Didn't do half of what needed to be done but I'm making stepping stones for the bath to the deck so it's not just a dirt/mud path. Got two made and I'll see how those do. Plus I only have two molds. :)

Need to make some slice/bake cookies for the building manager meeting Tuesday. I was going to form the logs and stick them in the fridge but I think I'm done for the night. Tomorrow's Monday. yayyyy....blaaah....

• Yeah, well that's just laziness Hunter.  The yearly burn-pile would take care of stuff like that.