Quick Post

May the fourth

May the fourth
  • be with you! (lame)
    We had thunderstorms last night finally.
    Very much needed 2 inches of rain.
    Just in the nick of time to extend the pastures.

Horses are in for a few days.
    Probably going to make a run to Kville.
    We need some red geraniums for the front entrance.
    And see what else they have. Pilot wants some more Lantanas.
    Also cupboards are bare.

Pilot finished working on the plane yesterday. Looks like maybe Sunday will be his test flight.

My cousin from MN is performing at the Scarborough festival in Magnolia Texas.
    4 hours from here and an overnight stay. Trying to figure out how to get there this weekend or next weekend.
    This weekend is shot with the rain. Makes horse care for someone too difficult.
    would love to see him. Check out The Danger Committee on youtube.

I hope everyone has a powerful Friday!
  • Firefly is still at the Vet's.  He is getting listless and not eating very well.  Jmebear is beside herself over him.

I moved my trailer out from where it has been sitting for the past five years.  Found one of the tires flat.  Surprise, surprise, the spare from my '56 Studebaker fits!  Got a real laugh out of that!  Had to move the trailer because Code Enforcement said so.  This way Jmebear can take a pic and show them it's gone.  Honestly, I do wish people would mind their own business.  The whole thing has really annoyed our neighbor.  She called our County Supervisor and complained (loudly, if I know her).  The Supervisor said she would talk to the department head and see that they stop harassing Jmebear.  It was  a welcome surprise to have that Department Head actually call and assure Jmebear he was going to look into the issue and not to worry about any kind of problems with the county.  He felt the whole thing was petty and beneath his department to be bothering her.  We shall see what happens from here...

It's really strange to be sitting at the table seeing the wrong side of Jmebear's house and the driveway...

Off to Fawn Lodge soon to prep the site for the container.  May not be moving it if the Department Head can get these people to be more reasonable.  A fence would suffice if the thing is an eyesore.  Honestly, out here, who cares?  Except of course some vindictive neighbors who want to cause trouble.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and blessed Sunday!

• I got a giggle from the 4th. Glad for rain but hope the music thing goes well.

Stude, you're a busy man. I hope the little one is okay. My little one is sick. Not sure what's wrong. I think her back is out. that's usually what it is. I get so aggravated that people don't stop giving them treats and they get overweight. Oh well. Time is on my side as we say at work about someone who is about to retire but still aggravates the stuffing out of everyone.

It's really late but I wanted to stop in. Wow, I was thinking tomorrow was a work day. Better turn off my alarms!