Quick Post

Sunday Kitty Cat Road Trip!

Sunday Kitty Cat Road Trip!
  • I'm excited! I'll have a GrandKitty! :) And visiting with Connie will be a huge plus in the endeavor. I told my son it's 4hrs and he groaned but he's game. (4hrs total or 4hrs there?) sorrykiddo. He's used to road trips. I said I'd have a good audiobook and he promised to bring his earphones.

Rainy. We got a great sunny day after all yesterday. I was disappointed I couldn't get my stick pile to burn. Must be all the rain we've gotten lately but still... gasoline. hello. So there's a lot of leaves to be hauled away from the street side. Years of the guy cutting stuff and leaving it there. so irritating. I can be somewhat lazy but I've got nothing on him. Anyway, I should have done more.

I better get going. Looks like church is going to fit in with the boy's schedule. (Me going and picking him up after.) So it will probably be 3 before we get there. I know he's going to be so glad to have a roommate! Just makes live nicer to have a critter around the place. He's an animal kiddo.
  • It was great to see Hunter and her son.  A sweet little kitty is getting her own home.  The people who had her are a rescue (yes, all the legal paper work and stuff) and had her in the house .  They brought her and some shep/lab puppies to an adoption event Saturday.  She and one puppy are all that didn't get homes.  Brenda really falls in love with the ones she keeps in her house...but she believed me when I told her she would have a wonderful home with Hunter's son.  She predicts that the kitty will find the couch and plant herself there

We got snow yesterday.  Overnight some if it decided to stay and not melt. Starting Tuesday, our days should be in the seventies.  (writing this Monday)

Hoping kitty and boy forge bonds.  She is a beautiful creature.

• Got a call from the Vet and Firefly is headed to surgery.  Poor little fellow is still in considerable pain.  they are pretty sure he has some kind of blockage.  So now we wait and hope for the best...

• Oh no, Stude! I hope Firefly gets better quick.

Connie, the kitty will be spoiled and well loved. Right now she's found UNDER the couch. She lets him hug a little but then she hides. It will take a bit to get used to the new place. It's a very cool place, too. She has an upstairs and a downstairs to explore. And some big closets. I think the downstairs closet will be set up like her room. :) Just having another living being to share the place with is going to make a world of difference for him.

Looooong day. Our computers are upgrading to Windows 10 and it's taking...oh about 3 days.  joy

Hope the day was great for all.

• Stude, I wonder about the remedy for large dogs (DaneHaven told me this) with a twisted gut is to have them on their side, grab the front and back legs in each hand and walk over them essentially rolling them over to their other side, then back. Apparently you do this enough, gently I imagine, and the gut rights itself. Wonder if it would work for minis. Hopefully he's pulled out of it okay.

• The remedy you mentioned Hunter is why horses roll when they are colicing.  However with the way a horse's ... well guts for lack of a better word, the way their guts work, rolling can be a problem.

Firefly is out of surgery and they found nothing of consequence.  The shadows on the x-ray proved out to be just that, shadows.  He is up and talking to the mares, winning everyone's heart and has yet another member in his fan club.  The little fellow is like that.  The Surgeon is in love with him.  Well aside from a frightening bill, he is ready to go home tomorrow, I think.  The Vet will let us know for sure in the morning.  The barn has been pretty quiet without him.

Lots to get done in prepping this container to move.  I slid it over three feet today.  All I have to do is finish emptying it and it's ready to go.  So I'll be off to Fawn Lodge a few days to prep the site and clean up the driveway.  We've had six or seven LARGE trees come down over the last few years and all George did is shove them to the side.  To get that big truck and trailer in here, they'll have to be cut up and moved.  That's gonna be a lot of work...

Hope everyone has a great week.