Quick Post

Saturday Land Rover Kentucky Horse Park Eventing today!

Saturday Land Rover Kentucky Horse Park Eventing today!
  • It isn't sponsored by the watch company any more. So glad Land Rover is helping out. Elise Wallace is a friend of a friend (to probably everyone). She's a Mustang trainer and almost made the Olympic team last go-round. I think she was an alternate. Anyway, best wishes to her.

I think tomorrow I might meet Miss Connie for coffee! Which I will need to make the drive home! LOL Seems there's a young cat available. My son really wants a cat for company. One day he will get his dog but not now. So he can have a cat.

Didn't do too much today but it's not over yet!! Just got a little yard work done and picked up a little table for the bedroom that needed to be staged.

Anywho - road trip tomorrow!
  • Actually not surprised at Landie picking up the sponsorship.  The most commonly seen vehicle towing a Horse-box in England is a Landie.  They are also the largest sponsor of horse shows throughout England and Europe.

Little Firefly got sick during the night and is currently at the vet.  Good thing I didn't go to Church this morning.  Went to the Vet's instead.  Poor fellow.  Some kind of colic issue.  I think it was the sudden drop in temps.  We went from the eighties to the forties on Friday afternoon.  First beautiful cloud-decorated skies, then downpours with hail and the temperature dropped forty degrees in about thirty minutes.  Problem was most the horses were next-door in the large paddock.  Got everyone in rather quickly, but still drenched.  Then Fire rolled up in a ball shivering when I went in to feed him.  Ran in to get Jmebear and she got a warm blanket and hood on him and longed him in the barn asile (only with a mini).  I checked on him twice more during the night and he seemed fine.  Not so this morning.  so off to the Vet's he went and there he still is, poor fellow.

Busy day for tomorrow whilst I get my trailer ready to take to Fawn Lodge.  Also working on getting the container ready for the move.  Whilst I'm at the 'Lodge I have to see the mechanic about my own truck.  It'll be a busy couple of days.

Hope everyone around here, both lurking and conversing, have a great week.