Quick Post

Thursday - Vet Day

Thursday - Vet Day
  • Spring Vet Day today. Shots and everyone gets their teeth floated. 

This has been Doctor Week. My doctor on Tuesday, took sister Wednesday and today the horses. My sister has the same family doctor as I do now, and since she goes every month I or her don't sign in anymore. We walk in, they see us, "go sit down, we'll take care of it". Not sure it is good for the doctor's office to know who I am. At least it is due more to my sister than myself.

• Well, I'm all caught up on the excitement. Face, man, it sounded hairy for a minute. Glad you were...wearing...your helmet, okay. This might have been one time when a cowboy hat would have been better. Funny the perspective the horses take on strange noises, sights, occurrences. The only time Zag was really afraid was seeing the top half of a man floating by. He was bicycling down the road but there was a little hill between us and all we could see was his top half floating along. Sorta freaked Zag out. I couldn't blame him really.

Lots of adoptions happening at the farm. (Standardbred Retirement Foundation) The barn manager is a 21yr old girl who is just on fire for those horses. She really shows them off on videos and does some good work with them. They're pretty amazing.

Stopped and bought the boy groceries today. Hopefully that will last him a while. Speaking of spending - I better go pay Zag's board.

Glad you're ready for guests at the ranch, MK, and glad you've got a good new friend/volunteer.

Connie, we're hoping to get a kitten! I doubt anything will come up here before then. The rescues want several hundred dollars adoption fee. There's a low cost spay/neuter place nearby and he can get shots at Petco. He's doing really well there. Proud of that boy.