Quick Post

Wednesday Windy

Wednesday Windy
  • We have had winds for weeks now. I am tired of it as is everyone else.
    Otherwise the weather would be perfect Sunny and upper 70's.
    Come visit if you need to thaw.

The wind is drying things out fast but we have rain forecast for the weekend. Of course because we will have guests.
    Cabin is spiffed and ready except for stocking with groceries. That will happen Friday.

We planted a couple trees along the drive in front of the house. A Mexican Redbud and another Cedar Elm.
    A Palo Verde is next on the list. I need to get the obligatory red geraniums for the front entry. I may find some on the feed run I need to make today.

We sent a steer off yesterday for processing. I need to get my list of ground beef recipes in order.
    And the freezer needs defrosting next week in preparation. We are splitting the meat with our Longhorn partners. The other steer goes in August.
    We need to name the steers lunch and dinner from now on. Dusty and Buckshot burgers just doesn't sound right.

We have a new volunteer at resale. She and her husband are moving from weird Austin. They bought a place in the airport community between here and Fredburg.
    She and her husband have all the same interests as Pilot and I. She kicks butt as a volunteer. And she rides!

I am glad everyone is back and ok after our forum absence. I don't know what the glitch was but it got fixed promptly as possible.
    Thanks for hanging in there.

Oh yeah and Ride 'Em Cowboy Face!!! I am glad you only busted your butt.

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!

• Cal brought home a couple of jersey bull calves one year.  I named the first one Lunch and the other one Dinner.  When they were big enough that is what they became.

I did miss the forum when it was down.