Quick Post

Sunday - Back at Home

Sunday - Back at Home
  • Headed for PA March 30 for Easter and returned yesterday April 7. Wife's family is in Bethlehem, PA. Had a great time with 5-6" of snow on Monday after Easter. Son and his wife able to make 2 snow men and a snow angel.  Were able to run errands by 10ish so it melted fairly quick. Spent a day and night in Asbury Park, NJ. were hoping to ride bikes on the boardwalk but weather was lousy, so instead we visited the Silverball Museum which is a Pinball Museum with some other older video games. All the machines work and pay one price and play all you want. The oldest machine was from 1951. Lots of fun.

We will be going back 2x a year now as the wife's parents are getting up in the years. Belief is they will only be able to stay in their home another year before heading to an assisted living place. Drive one trip and then fly the other. Takes us 2 days to drive up and 2 to drive back. Wife can't handle LONG car rides.

• The Pinball Museum sounds like so much fun! *thinks Space Invaders*

I'm not as able on long drives now, too. From Memphis I used to drive 11-ish hours and wind up in Harper but now a 3hr drive seems to go on FOREVER. I wonder on the long drives if I had a motor home.... At least the passenger(s) could get up and move around. (seat belts be dogged!) I'm still up for a road trip! On the other hand, 4 days of travel eats into your fun time. Flying and grabbing a car isn't a bad idea - sometimes you can get great deals.

Speaking of, when I flew to WA and back to see those kids (which was heavenly), on the way back it was snowing and the flight was overbooked and I had a scheduled layover in MN and one in ATL. I was waiting in MN and saw a direct flight to CT but it didn't leave for a while. I already checked and they said I couldn't swap. THEN an announcement that the flight to ATL was overbooked and would anyone swap. They gave me $300 to swap and put my on the flight to CT and I got home a couple hours earlier - except I lost my car in the parking lot - another story that involves a VERY patient parking lot shuttle driver and some near-tears.

Didn't do too much yesterday except get the VERY COOL little folding table for the boy's kitchen. It was a long drive (only an hour....see?). I took little dog with me. She enjoyed it! I did laundry *yawn* but I got 4 rose bushes to set out in a great place. (thinking SELL SELL SELL). More painting was done on the trim. Girlzilla continues to irritate.

I have a game plan for burning so I really hope to get going on that. Keeps me outdoors which is wonderful. There may or may not be sherry involved.

Have to mention, since I go back to work tomorrow - I had a sewer main back-up at my Long Island location. I dealt with that long distance Thursday and Friday. WOW that was fun......blaaaah.... I bet I called a dozen numbers to figure out who deals with it. crap. literally.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. I hope Sunday is great for everyone.

• How many times have I said one more cold day and it will be ver?

Well yesterday was a 40* day in the middle of a string of 75* days.

Back to perfect weather and sunshine today once it re-warms.

• Pretty chilly here with the wind. Went to the beach with the dogs. There's a good walking area for them and there's wet paint at the house.

• Cold here also.  Supposed to warm up this week.  Might make it to the 50's.  Still waiting to get neighbor  Tom to fix my lane fence so the girls can go out to the pasture.  I really want to see Bella stretch those legs of hers.  She is getting sweeter each day in the barn.  Hope she continues to ride well.

Have most of my tax figures for the tax lady.  She wants them Monday.  I may have to call the insurance company to see what the homeowners insurance cost on the other house, was trying to get my figures straight and someone  (Cal) would NOT  stop chattering and I could not concentrate on what I was doing.  Add In a cat that wanted to eat the box that I am using as a file for this and I gave up.  I know when I am defeated.  Shucks, done in by a chatty male , who never talks at other times, and a cat with a taste for cardboard.

Hope everyone has a super week.

• Well  Connie, it could have been worse.  The cat could have been attempting to empty the box so she could climb in.  We have one of those.

Beautiful day here.  Neither my truck (fuel pump problems) nor myself were up to a three hundred mile trip today.  So I worked around the yard instead of going to Bend.  Will likely miss out on the free fridge, but oh well.  

Got a lot done.  Still have a lot to do and only three days (with downpours predicted for each) to finish up with the Code Enforcement demands.  Wish I had a way of finding out who the neighbor's relative is who works in that department.  It would be a good bargaining point if we could prove that link.  Still seems to me a lawyer should be brought in ASAP.  I hope I'm wrong on this.

Well I hope everyone here, both talking and listening have a great week!

• Stude,  Max cat is not much on sleeping in boxes but he loves to shred them with his teeth.  

I attacked the tax paperwork first thing Monday, after chores and got everything finished and took them to the tax lady in the afternoon.  Took them to a bar.  She no longer lives here, lives about an hour away but owns a piece of this tavern so she unlocked it, left the lights off and was meeting clients there.  A first for me.

Whisper and Bella got to run and stretch their legs yesterday.  When I went to put them in, Whisper was back in her panic mode, pacing back and forth in front of the barn making mud.  Bella just stood there, dozing in the sun and pretty much ignored her.  I thought a companion would take care of it.  Wrong.  She is like a race horse.  LIve in a stall and get out for exercise for maybe an hour and then back in.

We might get snow today but it should be nicer as the week progresses.