Quick Post

Tuesday with Rain coming

Tuesday with Rain coming
  • Talked with my son in HI yesterday and he said he could see a storm moving in preceded by high winds.  Today we are supposed to get quite a bit of rain and by tomorrow high sustained winds.  At least the girls got out yesterday...for all day.

Speaking of having the horses out, I checked the fence behind the barn since the snowbank is gone and Bella does like to explore.  Sure glad I did.  The lane fence, where it separates them from the road, is down.  Contacted neighbor Tom to see if he can put metal posts in for me.  I know there is no chance of putting in wood posts, we still have frost.  I have about three gates that are not being used, there is a possibility I can get them out there and maybe tie them back to the shrubs growing there and make a temporary barrier?  Not sure but I want them down to pasture as soon as possible so they get the grass as it is coming, not after it gets lush.

Whisper's panic path is really muddy..she trots back and forth in front of the barn doors when she panics and wants in.  Well, went over to the shed side to get a bale of second because Bella gets some of that twice a day and got a bale out.  Shut the overhead door, and started to take the bale to the horses' side of the barn.  Mud grabbed my boot.  I won.  Mud fought back.  It won.  I had enough forward momentum that I kept going twisted, boot stayed with mud and bale hit the ground and I landed on the bale and in the mud.  I recovered the boot without getting my sock muddy.  (yea!) got it on and managed to get back to my feet,.  I must have presented an amusing sight.  I got the bale where I wanted and actually there was not much mud on my jeans. Ah, the joys of old people with horses.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets the needed weather to make their land productive.

• Ah, Hawaii... land of lovely flowers, high prices, nutty politics, and weird weather.  I remember standing on a street in Honolulu, in the warm sunshine, watching it rain like the dickens on the opposite side of the street.  Very strange.

• Yes.  James lives in the rain forest on the Big Island.  No public utilities.  Solar, generator, Internet through the phone.  He finally built a house up on piers...they were staying in a tent.  A bit primitive for me but it seems to suit them.  His only complaint is the constant dampness where he is.

• Constant dampness here today, in the form of rain and none too warm either.

Connie, I feel ya on that mud battle. I did that in the mare pasture a couple weeks ago but I kept the boot, just got tripped by the mud when it wouldn't let go. Got a slosh of water down my boot, too. blah

No Denver job for me. too bad. Would have been a great location for me... ah well.

Getting late and morning comes early here on the east coast. :) Night all!

• C'mon Hunter, you want to go to Texas anyway, admit it!  The weather you describe reminds me how much I love the fireplace in Fawn Lodge (the dogs do too).  George's house is wonderful (when it's clean and George not there) on cold, damp days.  All those big picture windows are so beautiful to watch the snow through.  The warm honey-gold paneled walls and lodge ambiance of the place is just right.  Too bad the place is in one of the most restrictive counties in Soviet California.  I so want to defect...

Jmebear is trying to reason with Code-Enforcement (Shasta County) and not succeeding very well.  She keeps running up against Bureaucrats who don't care and are completely heartless.  I understand Code Enforcement and actually approve of the agency.  However what is going on with Jmebear is simply unnecessary  harassment and intimidation.  The original terms of the complaint have already been met and surpassed, save the shipping container which was there before the restrictions and thus grandfathered in by law.   Add to that, the original complaint is two years old!  They're supposed to respond in seventy-two hours!   I keep telling her to call her lawyer and the contractor recommended to her.  Between the two of them she might be able to get Code Enforcement to cooperate.  As it is, moving to a more sane state like Texas is looking better every day.  Jmebear used to live in south-eastern Texas and already knows her way around.