Quick Post

Saturday here!

Saturday here!
  • Who knows what today brings? I'm hoping to do some yard work. We'll probably move more of boy's stuff. Actually, he works today so... He won't have internet at his place for a while so I think he's slowed his roll a little. :) Electric is changed over and he's excited. We have more curtains on the way and that should be it.

I should probably finish up my tea and get outside. I have a HUGE pile of sticks that have been laying there forever that I want to burn. Good day for it. Sunshine and blue skies. I hope the same for everyone.
  • Saturday here too!

Wind gusts to 30 mph.

Not doing much today.

Moved some red granite from the pile  into Sarcee's stall.

Pile needs moving because it is in the middle of the new pen.

More to go but I can only do about a third of a wheelbarrow per fill.

I drained and scrubbed the big trough.

And gave Jet a bath.

Calling it quits until feeding time which is fairly soon.

V went back to Wisconsin.

She packed her necessities and brought them to me for safe keeping. She had scheduled a trip back in February to visit her granddaughter.

They have the same birthday on Feb. 16.

She shipped a bunch of her belongings before her flight. She left and didn't come back.

I am shipping her a few boxes at a time.

Everyone have a wonderful Easter!

• I don't burn here unless it's a rainy day, or has rained in the past twelve hours.  California, what can I say?  We live in paranoia about fire here.  Next week, when it's raining again, I have three or four piles to burn myself.

Let the big ponies and horses go play next door.  then took the dogs for a walk-about in the back of the property.  Looks like sixty to seventy-five percent or so of Jmebear's trees are going to survive in the burn area.  These Blue Oaks are tough beyond belief.  None of the Digger Pines survived (no loss).  None of the fruit trees survived (BIG loss, that).  The Blackberries are coming up all over, dagnabbit!   The grass is almost knee deep in most of the burn area.  We have to get the fences fixed so that the horses can eat it all down.  I'm debating the risk of cleaning out the large pond that was filled in by erosion and the greenery.  Big Brother is always looking over one's shoulder here in Soviet California.  Our neighbors like helping him out all they can too.  So one has to be careful about things like that.

Went to the Home Depot to get a cord for the stacked washer/dryer and  a torch.  The Torch is to get the lug nuts off my trailer in Flournoy.  I tried a breaker-bar and all it did was to break off two.  So, I'm going to try heat next.  When I have the wheels off, I have to also attempt to remove the grease caps.  They're HUGE on Spartans!  The size of a teacup!  Anyway, they have to come off so I can determine the condition of the bearings.  Don't need a fire on the way home.  Considering  how rusty everyfhing is under there, I don't imagine the bearings will look very nice either.  So I'm gonna need a bottle of dawn and a can of gas along with the bearing grease.  Hand packing bearings is nasty.

Found a three-way fridge for my little Spartan.  How I'm gonna vent it I'm not entirely sure.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Problem is the Fridge is in Bend, Or. three hundred miles away.  Looks like a road trip!  Since I'm up there a dealer located a bit north of Bend has a Spartanette Royal he's been trying to sell for at least three years.  I'm considering going up for a look at that.