Quick Post

Thursday the rain

Thursday the rain
  • Was welcomed. Almost an 1-1/2. Just right but Austin and other parts east got very heavy rains and flooding.
    We will have a burst of flowers if the rain didn't come too late. Bluebonnets are already blooming.

Horses are mud-ified and penned for at least another day.

Too wet to doing anything outside yesterday so I went to the cabin. I packed some boxes of clothes to send to V.
    I feel bad she has to pay all that shipping. But I know she wants her own things. Last tine I sent 2 boxes it was $70!

She was able to land the job she wanted. Near where she wants to live.
    I am happy she at least has a foothold for starting a new life.

Today is volunteer day. Things at the newly remodeled shop are going well.

I hope everyone enjoys a beautiful Thursday!

• Where did she end up? In Texas still? I'm sure God has better things planned for her. I wish she didn't have to move so far from you. Shipping is costly. I often wonder if sticking it on a bus wouldn't be cheaper.

I spent so much time cutting smaller limbs off of trees that were felled and stacking branches. I've got piles of branches all over the back yard/woods/acre. I decided, since no one is going to help me, I'll just burn the piles where they lay. So far I've made pretty good progress. I enjoy being out there, too. The dogs kept me company this evening.

Work was pretty good. I got a certificate of appreciation from FEMA. That was cool. (it's already on my resume) lol

I guess I'll say goodnight. Glad you go rain in Harper-ish. It's misting out there now. So the fires are fine. I keep glancing out there. It's so damp out, it's amazing anything is burning. I hope everyone is well. hugs