Quick Post

Tuesday trickle

Tuesday trickle
  • An 1/8 inch and drizzle.

Just enough to keep horses in.
    We need the rain badly. Forecast for tomorrow also.
    I have lots of paperwork. And any number of things to do inside.

Waiting to hear from farrier. He texted late last night that the hospice nurse told him his wife was in the final decline.
    We offered to come sit with him but he requested our prayers instead.

Everyone have terrific Tuesday.
  • hoo boy. I'm so sorry.  No one should have to go through that - or anything like it.

I had a pretty good day. Being at home kind of sucks. Looking forward to the end of this.

• So very sorry to hear that Hunter.  One day at a time...

let the kids out for a few hours today.  They had a great time with the grass.  Our hay isn't very nice this time and they appreciate the fresh spring grass all the more.

Progressing with the code-enforcement enforced work.  Piers are heavy.  Especially when they''ve had concrete added to them...

• Yes, Hunter, One day at a time.  

Sorry about the codes people , Stude.  Not fond of them here, either.  We got an Ag permit to build our barn, you don't have to pay for Ag permits and the structures are not as heavily coded.    You can not see our horses from the road when they are in pasture.  The codes guy actually asked the dog warden, a guy we know, to check it out and see if we really had animals or if we were trying to "get something for nothing"  When the barn was going up he showed up and told me, after approving the plan, that it was "too close to the road".  I told him I knew the set backs and we were fine.  He doubted. We measured.  48' from the center of the road.  I told him two more feet and it could have gone on the state highway.  25' here 50' feet there.  He asked me how I knew and I told him I had called the state DOT and asked.  I actually had.  Shut him up and he left.

We are due for rain, we still have snowbanks but they are going down.