Quick Post

Saturday Move

Saturday Move
  • Moving my sister out of my house and into assisted living today. Her Kidney Disease is now Stage 5 and she will not do dialysis. Both her doctors are supporting her decision. 

Once again the horse trailer will be moving people stuff and not horses. Her assisted place is a little apartment, kitchen area, living area, separate bedroom. Lot better than where my parents were, not cheap either. But, she has the money and she won't be there for long. She is paid up thru April and I MIGHT end of paying for May, but I doubt she would make it longer. 

• Getting my first cup of coffee and getting ready to head to the barn and do chores.  Once they are done, I will be ready to go with him to the other house.  He signed a contract to sell it by auction, house and contents.  The auction guy is bringing his camera and adviser up to take pictures of the pieces he thinks will be the best sellers and to get pictures of the outside and inside of the house.  I will be thankful when this is over.  That house had not been a good thing to hang on to over the years.  It costs us more than it earns and is currently vacant.  We have rented it out and we have let family live there free.  It is good to help others but I think his decision to sell is a good one.

If I get going early enough there is a church around the corner from the house, it has a good sized parking lot and maybe we can get permission to have parking there.  The church has a pancake breakfast the last Saturday of the month.  I am hoping they will have it today so that we can speak to someone about parking...since next Saturday is the day before Easter.

Well, chores are calling.

• Being kept very busy.  The evil neighbors have taken their harassment to a new level.  We have been working on cleaning up the debris after Jmebear's ex left.  Apparently the new form of harassment by the neighbors is to call code enforcement out to hustle us a bit more.  An unfortunate side effect is that he is also telling us the porches we were assured would not require a permit, do, the shipping container we have the hay in (and has been here twenty years) is not allowed, and we have to have permits to put up tents over our farm equipment.  Honestly, permits for tents... really??? Hence we are in violation for not asking the Mommy-State for permission to replace the old tumble-down porch and put in ramps for Jmebear.  Now I am stopped from getting anything else done because the Bureaucrat has only given us thirty days to comply.  Not a possibility as we are both disabled and elderly.  Oh yes, and he sent the notice to the wrong address delaying the notice by two weeks.  So we really only have two weeks to comply.  

So Jmebear now has even more nonsense to attend to in her already overloaded schedule and same with me.  Thankfully, she is already working with an Elder Advocate-Lawyer on another issue and might be able to get her help on this.  We're happy to comply with their demands.  Problem is, they're not very clear just what those demands are besides a totally unrealistic timeline and threats, threats, threats.

Add to this situation we are literally seventeen miles outside any city limits.  So who cares if we have stuff stacked around?  Well except nosey neighbors of course...

I so wish we could defect from Soviet California...