Quick Post

Wednesday - still winter here

Wednesday - still winter here
  • I'm just about tired of the snow. I will say I'm not having near what Connie has had this winter. But yes. Done. Finished. Over it.

I stayed home today. The roads aren't bad really but I needed a down day here by myself. It's just damp and cold.

I ran to the hardware store to try to find a replacement hinge that would work on the cabinets. I think I found one so I'll look online to see if I can get a bargain. It's over $8 for a set of two at the local store. Actually that's not awful but I can try Amazon.

Also picked up a pizza for the kiddo and dropped that off at work. He's anxious to get into his new place. I hope he keeps it better than that room! But it will be his. I actually love it and the location is perfect.

Got referred to a job in Del Rio. yikes. That would be interesting! I don't think they pay relocation either but that would be okay. I can downsize to nearly nothing. Things are moving incredibly slowly.
  • Wrong section. doh

• Moved it.

You would be warmer in Del Rio, it is 75*  here today.

Farrier day. We did everyone all around.

I have other stuff to do but have a headache. veg-ing on couch for now.

Everyone have a relaxing evening.

• Bella will be here a week tomorrow night.  I have been putting her out for about half the day.  She mostly sticks to the paths but she did make some trails of her own.  Snow is too crusty today for her to do that.  Dragged Cal over to the barn along with a bridle with a D ring snaffle bit...that is what they used on her prior to me.  Saddled and bridled her.  Took her back outside and using my trusty green stool, climbed aboard.  Hmm, she is not as big around as Whisper is because the saddle was a wee bit loose...nothing drastic, just a bit loose.  I rode her in the paths and then attempted to guide her into the deep snow to make a turn.  She opted for a roll back.  She did it nicely and never bothered me in the saddle.  Surprised the dickens out of me.  She has a nice mouth and responds well to a verbal "Whoa" accompanied by a gentle pressure on the bit.  I don't like snaffles, I always feel like I have no brakes.  I am going to check the video from the dealer and see if I can tell what he used.  Didn't do a lot of trying but she didn't give me any bad feelings.  She may be a bit more in a hurry than I was led to believer but we will get to know each other.  As long as she doesn't try to teach me how to fly we should get along.  She is a tad bit girthy, but not bad.  Hoping you all are having a nice week.  We are not getting snow.  Cold nights and warmer (30's +) days.  Good sap weather.

see?  I really did get on.

• Yes and see? You have more snow than I do!

I know they usually use a shanked bit but I think I was really looking hard and I don't think that's what he used. I want to say it looked almost bitless but probably snaffle. Now I have to go look. :)

I bought a book by Painted Lady to try to learn how to do her roses. I want to paint a window that's been replaced. I'd like to do a couple, actually. We shall see!

Glad the feet are done, MK. Hope it was a nice visit.