Quick Post

Tuesday with Power

Tuesday with Power
  •  Last night around eight thirty, our power went out.  Since my phones are portable and the computer uses a modem, only a cell phone provided a way to contact NYSEG and tell of the outage.  I was not the first reporter.  The recording said at least 100 outages in our area and estimated power back on by midnight.  They were right.  Not sure but with the snow and ice on everything around here I am guessing either a branch down or a pole vs vehicle incident.  I have solar lights in the windows and they really do a good job of keeping the house out of the dark.

The girl with the gaited mare took me up on my low ball offer and delivered her Thursday night.  She was trucking Standardbreds and put her on the load.  She got her here a bit after 11pm.  The mare was on that trailer for at least 12 hours probably more.  She was one tired girl.  Came quietly off the trailer and followed me down the twisty solar light lit path to the barn.  Put a blanket on her and put her in her stall.  Whisper was excited.  New horse was tired.  She rested Friday and seemed to be more alert Saturday...even ventured out of the barn, I left the door open, and went off the shoveled paths and checked things out.  She seems to be nice.  Will know better when I ride her.  Do not like the name she came with , it was given by the dealer who sold her, kept by the girl who bought her and sold her to me...is gonna be changed.  Some how a black and white mare does not look like a Bambi to me.

I was not planning to get her but when she took me up on my offer I felt I had to.  I know she lost money on her since I saw what she paid for her.  She had to move her and told me she liked me and wanted me to have her.  Hope she was honest.

I will share a picture if I can get the program to let me make it smaller. This computer is having issues but I finally got the picture reduced on another one and then moved here.  She is outside alone today and she is being good.

• Pretty girl! Sounds like you had a long night. I think it is Monday though. I recently saw a cute black and white paint named Moo. Maybe she is named Bambi for her sweet demeanor? I need to go to a board meeting. Have a great evening.

• You are correct.  Yesterday was Monday.  I was a day ahead of myself.  Can I blame it on old age?

• Cue  "Twilight Theme"

Good thing I didn't tell anybody I would do something the second Tuesday of next week.    LOL

First day of spring and it is in the low 30's.   Supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight.   The weather says the

N.E.  is in for up to possibly  18 inches of the white stuff.

Finally got the VIN number check on the bike and went and got the title changed over to my name.   So  maybe do some

cruising this summer.  And no not a Harley.   LOL