Quick Post

Sunday Sprinkles

Sunday Sprinkles
  • It started of cloudy and drippy.
    Every time I headed toward the barn it would start sprinkling.
    Third time was the charm.

Pilot went on a pity ride with me after he hosed the stink off Jet.
    I rode Tex after I nipped his feet a bit.
    I used the bitless reiner. He did so well. First ride in how long?
    I also had a grazing rein but didn't need it.
    He is such a good boy.

Dinner at Sis' tonight.
    G&K coming some great friends we never see enough of. She is getting her second knee replaced Tuesday.
    I hope this one goes as well as the first. She was running around in a week.
    I made the refridge eclair dessert and will make my brussel sprouts before we go.

I may try Sarcee by herself tomorrow and see how much work it takes for her to go alone. And see how badly Tonto panics.
    Tonto got a long overdue bath yesterday. He looks so good.

Maybe I should throw a bareback pad on him and see if he will follow Sarcee and I?
    What do you all think??

Everyone have a special Sunday!
  • Beautiful Sunday here and finally got Fancy and Apache out. Great ride.

The sister living with us will be moving out next Saturday to a Independent/Assisted Living apartment.  She really wants Independent which will not be available until May/June. We are burned out. I think she needs assisted and she doesn't. The compromise is she will start in Assisted and when the new wing is open move to her reserved Independent apartment. The guy at the place we are dealing with says he has seen this before and when the time comes she probably will decide to stay put. When we reserved the room in January we thought she was early stage kidney disease, reality is she is stage 4 and just a hair away from 5. Following week we head to PA for a little over a week and really needed for her to be out before we left. She doesn't need to be by herself in an empty house for over a week.

• Sunday was okay. Fairly relaxing. I'm working on a course - OSHA Construction certification. There's a job coming open where I am and I'll apply to it. If my application comes back I think they'd give it to me. They like me. :) I'd really rather have the job in Denver because I do care for my zany sister and don't like the idea of her "being alone" out there. I know she has friends but she has it rough, too. I think it would be nice to be near her. But there are many others I've applied for. When I don't get an interview and get NOT SELECTED notification it's kind of funny. I'm pretty sure they know who they want for the job but I imagine my resume throws a bit of a wrench in. Usually on the jobs that are fairly pre-selected, but I interview for, there are those who want me against the tide of "good ol' boy" preferences. Hey, they're missing out! I always say God will put me where he wants me.

The boy's been packing. He's so excited about his upcoming move. 12 days and counting!  He says it's the first time he's really had to do the adult thing. :/ THAT sounds bad! (what about it Mom?) He's been on his own but living with people, etc. Now he has bills to pay but he has a good job so... He wants a cat. *sigh*

Anyway, I guess this is a Monday entry but I'm doing well to be awake. 6am. better mosey along.

OH YES TEX IS AN AMAZING HORSE!!! <3 They say if you trailer them they bond. Is Tex still trying to kill Tonto? That's a problem. Good ol' Tonto.