Quick Post

Dumb Day?

Dumb Day?
  • Seems we all agree this daylight savings thing is dumb?
    Personally I hate it. Leave the clock alone!

Sorry you were sick Stude.

I had a 2 day migraine. Not sure why. I haven't had one since I changed meds?
    We have had a lot of wind. Plus crazy up and down temps. Yesterday was over 80*. And today only high of 67*

Also I had an adjustment from my chiro. He does synergy release method.
    I don't recall a migraine after the last adjustment, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen .
    My recollection fails me quite often.

B is coming today for a ride and to catch up on our fave show.
    Windy again so I think she may ride Jet.
    Sarcee has not been ridden in a good while. Plus Tonto will probably get overly anxious if she is away.
    I am not in the mood for anyone's hysterics today.
    I will ride Tex.

I hope everyone has an un-tired day!

• Same problem last night, Oi!  I'm getting tired of this.

I was wondering if everyone else here knew that daylight savings time was originally suggested by Benjamin Franklin?  During the Constitutional Convention, he suggested it as a joke.  He also suggested the Turkey as the national bird.  Thankfully our Congressmembers have only taken one of his jokes seriously...

• Mmmmm. I love turkey.

I went to NJ to help at the rescue. Horses coming and going. I didn't get a chance to ride but that was fine. I did some grooming and some lunging. I think just being there helps Brielle. She's pretty awesome for as young as she is. She's got such great horse sense.

I'm going to Long Island W-Th then Friday I'm going to a FEMA reunion in DC. yay!! I might see my horse friend if she's forgiven me for expressing my opinion on kill buyers/horse slaughter. (she hates them vehemently but buys from them, which perpetrates - that's my opinion). So she has 2. But she's stage IV so - whatever. She's happy and that's awesome. I just despise when someone goes on a rant then refuses to hear differing opinion. She got mad. I really questioned whether she was going to speak to me again but...

• I like the time change and would prefer to keep it  at Daylight Savings. I really love having more daylight in the evenings. Regardless of which time we are on it is dark when I get up.

• I agree with face about that. Boywonder got a place!! woo hoo! Now to straighten that room and get it staged. It will be nice for him, having his own place. It's really REALLY close to where he works. He loves it and I feel really good about it.

No job news. The base is closed tomorrow in prep of the storm coming in. I've got my work laptop and will telework tomorrow.  I hope it's not too bad.

Wednesday is Long Island day until Thursday. Then I'll head to DC for a reunion and maybe hang with my friend there, or not. I know she's probably want to visit so... I'll do that if she's okay with it. I do want to see her horses.

Anywho... later y'all.

• It doesn't look like we will get much of the storm here.  Will know better in the morning.  I finally made an offer on a horse.  She is in Ohio...I doubt if I will get her but it is a start.  I do like her.  The owner is trucking a horse to about ten miles from me so that is a plus.  I offered a low price but I am not keen on getting a horse I have never seen let alone ridden...not for big money. I will be surprised if she takes me up on my offer but I have a stall that will be ready in a heart beat if she does.

Cal got the deck all shoveled off Saturday.  A short time ago a big crash...the remainder of the snow on the roof came off.  a foot or better of snow on the deck now.

• Hmmm... Connie I only saw a picture of Sarcee. I DID NOT want a mare but I could not get her out of my head.

• DH,  I had seen Whisper but not ridden her.  There she stood, starved but in a place that was bringing her back.  I could not forget her , called back to see if she rode.  When they tried her and told me she rode I made an agreement to take her.  

This horse is nice, young, have seen videos, just have a hinky feeling...she was being pushed at me and that concerns me.  

• Hinky is no bueno.

• Pobre Hinky!