Quick Post

Apache

Apache
  • A year ago I spent a lot of time getting Apache to load on a trailer again, had success, and dropped the bucket. I have started the training again, and after 3 sessions he got on the trailer again last night. The wife brought Fancy out to graze a little and was surprised how fast I came back with Apache, "He already got all the way on." The key now is to keep this going. I want to be able to take him somewhere and not worry about getting him home. At some point will load him and Fancy, take them for a short road trip and bring them back.

We let him and Fancy graze for a bit afterwards and this is him observing the two Arabs go crazy because they were still in the mud pasture.

• refresher courses are needed sometimes and they are good practice. A little below normal temps and a wintery mix yesterday with sunshine in between. Went and checked out the local lake yesterday and it looks like it is at normal pool. Last year it was in April before you could even put a boat in, Wonder is this latest storm missed Connie and Hunter

• Ah yes, the old *I am not not getting in this trailer no matter what* trick.

Have had to do some buddy loading myself.

Second Chance, you are that near Dickenson?  They are the premier longhorn operation.

Yes, he was smart to by all that reclaimed land.

They have a chute designed specific for longhorns. We need one.

The African cattle might be Watusi? We have some around here. Crazy looking and mean.

Stuff is a blooming around here. The mountain laurels are blooming in Kville. So pretty.

Everyone have a beautiful Thursday!

• www.longhorntours.com/

• Yes, the  majority of the storm missed us.  We got snow but most of the storm was south and east of us.  Have a friend in Maine who got 20" followed by another 10".  We got that much in one big dump a week ago.

A friend has a horse I want to try.  She has it on consignment.  Whisper needs company for summer and this horse  might work if he is a decent ride.  I do not want her to spend another summer in the barn.

My neighbor got a Watusi at an auction.  She got sick and died..even the scavengers wouldn't eat her carcass.  I think he got a calf from her but not sure what happened to that.  He like colorful and odd looking cows.  A great guy and his pasture is always interesting to look at.

• I just learned today that a promising young carriage driver lost his life a few days ago in a car crash.  I feel so sorry for his parents.  Such a wonderful young man, respectful, enthusiastic, kind, helpful, just what is so lacking in this world.  Bad news indeed.  He's been a rising star here in Northern California for some time.  We'll all miss him very much.

Jmebear has been harassed by a particularly nasty piece of work up the road for three years now.  We had hoped he would quit after she contacted a lawyer and he was put in his place.  However a nasty surprise on Tuesday as the Code Enforcement officer showed up with bad news.  An anonymous neighbor was complaining about how messy the place is and the officer is telling us we must remove the ramps and porches from the house.  They were installed with a grant from SHHPS and HUD.  We were told that since they were under a hundred square feet, they didn't need permits.  Since California and Shasta County are short on money, this comes as a boon for them and they are pushing it to the max.  Hence, the CEO has informed us the porches will have to be removed and Jmebear must also remove the canvas carports we are keeping the carriages under as well.  The carports are sold all over the country and in California, however the county says we can't have them.  Funny how one sees them all over the place.  Also he said the shipping container we keep the hay in must be removed as well.  Supposedly the rules don't allow for them anymore.  However that container has been here since '98 and I believe it is exempt as it has been here since before the law went into effect.  Finally, he has said I must move out of my travel trailer and can never stay in it on the property again.  Apparently, unless it is in a proper 'trailer park' this isn't allowed.  He then went around taking pictures of everything he could and said he would be sending a letter of compliance in the mail next week.  It was all I could do to remain polite to him.  However, I did remain polite and was able to resist frog marching him back to his car ordering him off the property.  One doesn't want to piss this kind of bureaucratic dictator off after all.  He really isn't the jerk here but the neighbor who sicked him on us.  Jmebear really wants to move now.  I really can't blame her.  Seems like this jerk up the road never quits.

Bad week, this one and keeps getting worse by the day...