Quick Post

Sleepless Wednesday

Sleepless Wednesday
  • 5 am here and been awake for a couple hours now, Just seems like I can't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours and then I am wide awake and just laying there and trying to go back to sleep does not work.

@ Connie, I don't think it is the 2nd cutting as much as there might be something in the hay. My dad used to tell me 2nd cutting was sweeter and more tender than first cutting. Have you noticed any mashed insects in the hay? Blister beetles maybe. When farmers used the sickly bar cutters on hay the beetles could leave, with the modern hay crimpers they just get smashed onto the hay and the beetles are more prevalent during the time frame when 2nd cutting is maturing (flowering) and being cut. The beetles can cause a lot of problems including death in horses.

on a lighter note, I have seen one video where this arab shiek would feed his Arabians camel's milk and dates. So maybe you should get a camel
    as a campaign animal for Whisper. Milk it and let her drink the milk. LOL (j/k).

@ Stud, One ice skater in the Olympics received a lot of backlash for doing her routine to the music Schindlers Lists.
    I would think it would be harder to choreograph a skating routine to that then a modern song

@ Face enjoy the grandbabies, they grow up to fast.

@ DH Hope all is well in Texas and everyone is well.

@ Hunter What can I say, Saved the best for last? LOL hope the job search is going ok and everyone is well.

Sorry if I missed anyone,

• HAHAHAHA! a camel "(j/k)" Glad you threw that last part in because I was about to get on Craigslist NY and see .... of course, Connie, you do have a horse dealer friend who might come across an occasional camel. And I bet in all his years he truly has.

SNOW! YAY! I think I still have to go to work anyway! boo! I have to check the base fb page.

Off I go! through the  snow...to a birthday party... (not really)

• Hmmm  a camel?  well, not fond of getting spit at.  Eliminating the second from her diet has worked so , even though she does not like not getting it, that is what is going to happen.  I will take the rest to the auction.

• The camel comment made me think of my hay buddy who was killed in a car wreck.

She loved camels. She was raising alpacas.

Connie an alpaca would be easier than a camel? Maybe a goat?

We went to vote and hit town for some 2x8s. Also got a new kitchen faucet.

I was v-e-r-y tired and went to bed about 7. Didn't really sleep but rested until about 10.

Then slept after night checkon horses.

I started taking melatonin awhile back on the advice of my pain doctor. It really helps.

Second Chance try it? There is nothing better than sleeping well.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

• The only time Camels spit at you is when they're angry.  My limited experience with them is they have a very sweet personality.  Not my cup 'o  tea though.

S.C.  Nonsense like that is why I don't watch either  of the Olympics.  I remember reading about that, but the politics had already long since turned me off to the whole thing.  I used to love the figure skating and the equestrian (of course) part,  The Equestrian section would be more popular if they would expand it but the European snobs won't.  Besides, now the Olympic governing body is considering removing the equestrian section completely so that leaves me even MORE disinterested in this Communist organization's party.

• Stud I completely agree with you concerning the Olympics.     I didn't watch it either but read about the backlash .

DH,   I would have to make sure that it would not have any reaction to my meds before I tried it..    I recall Hunter saying

that she took it too.    

Connie lamas spit to  and it is a smell that stays with you if you were the one on the receiving end......Been there, done that.  

• Llama spit smells? Who knew? (besides you SC)

The snow lightened up then came back and now consists of big wet flakes.

I was just reading a thread in city-data about the day care workers that gave the 2yr olds melatonin gummies before naptime. They got arrested but the argument was that it's a naturally occurring substance in the body. My only thing is, if you take a "high dose" you sleep/peak then boom. Awake. It might happen at 2am and, by then it's too late for me to take more.

I try to take my stuff about 830. Then by 9-930 I'm ready to doze off. I'm wearing earplugs sleeping now so when Girlzilla gets up to graze in the middle of the night she doesn't really disturb me. I'm on the couch just a stone's throw from the fridge.

Work was good. Boy is set up for another raise and promotion. YAY boywonder!!

DH, the 70mph speed limit and the looooong, unlit roads make accidents hard to survive, seems like. Scary.

Hope the evening is peaceful for all. hugs

• Llamas bring up gastric juices from way down in the stomach.  How I know it smells is the Manager where I used to work had llamas and she wanted to check out a baby ,  so I caught it for her,  Momma llama was not to happy with me and preceeded to cover my back with spit.  Her husband said that he liked hauling them because as soon as they started moving,  they would lay down in the trailerl .  

Studebaker I would imagine you can still find lots of the older discontinued vehicles in Ca.