Quick Post

Thursday, starting early

Thursday, starting early
  • Starting the day early and hoping to start my weekend in Jersey early. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but I'll chance it.

Speaking of Chance, good seeing Second Chance. :)

It was really nice here yesterday, too. If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times. I really should be running. Now the weather shows signs of spring... Of course the mother of all snowstorms is supposed to hit somewhere.

I'd love a muddy horse in my backyard. Harper mud is more like dried cement. I hope you got them cleaned up without too much trouble. Wish I was there to help.

Anywho - I should be heading towards the shower... Happy Thursday.
  • Yesterday, I went to lead Whisper back in to the barn.  I put a rope around her neck and started to open the swinging gate to the barn.  She was in a hurry and pushed past me.  I fell against the gate, It moves.  I managed to stay with it until it swung against the barn.  Then, I found myself sitting in nice soft, cold wet mud.  Used the gate to pull myself back up.  I am sure it was a comical sight.  She and I had a lesson in leaving and re entering the barn.  At night chores, same thing.  I did have her tied at supper time but as soon as I snapped the lead and attempted to open the gate she wanted to rush in.  I was prepared.  YES! we had another lesson session on walking quietly into the barn.  She does walk well on a lead or just by a halter but I have gotten lazy and let her just meander in and out at will.  She meanders out nicely, but coming in she is in a rush.  I am trying to teach her that the second cut is only served outside in the feeder, thus making outside more desired place to be.  If left on her own, the second is in the barn and easily available.

Calling for twelve to twenty four inches of snow tonight through tomorrow night. Cal has a different run today and tomorrow.  His old one will be closed for snow, I am sure, the new one?  not so sure.

Not too sore from yesterdays' fall.  

• good Morning All.

raining here and it all is moving N.E. (S.E.Ohio not far from Ohio River,  think Wheeling Wv.)    so I hope the weather forecast is wrong for the N.E. States and you don't get all that snow.

March 1st already ,  That old saying , "time goes faster as you get older is true."   And funny part is it can be proven mathamaticily,  Has to do with fractions of years in a life span.    to complicated for my old brain.  

• I have found that a horse's love for mud is often directly connected to how much white the have.  The more white, the greater love of mud...

• Truth about white horses. Dan preferred clay and we would call him a Creamsicle. One side white, the other totally orange from the clay.

• My Bullwinkle would decorate himself with mud. One day he'd be an appaloosa with a full blanket and misc spots. Another day he'd be a superhero with mask and cape. Once he managed to cover one side quite evenly so that he looked like a different horse, depending on the side you saw. He was gifted that way.