Quick Post

Monday, President's day

Monday, President's day
  • Where did the weekend go? Very nice to have the day off. There should be a pile awaiting me in the morning. But that's okay.
    New trailer? I missed that but yay! How many horses? :) Wish I was there to help.
    Also, moon blindness vaccine? Seems questionable since it's common to aps through genetics isn't it?

Connie, that sounds like fun the tack sale. I don't know a lot about wraps and boots, etc.

I'm trying (a little) to remember what I did Saturday. OH I want to a volunteer orientation for a therapeutic horse facility. It's up near work so it depends on whether I get the job up there as to whether I really want to be involved. Still great to see the place (so nice) and meet new horse people. There are two organizations, Horses Healing Humans and a veteran group. Nice they work together and consolidate. Yesterday I worked on the bathroom. I had previously peeled the wallpaper off the walls which left the backing. A little research and I was able to get the backing off very easily. I still have the area with the electrical fixtures - water is involved. AND there's a ginormous mirror over the double sink that has to come down. It's slipped and wedged itself behind the vanity some so that will be an operation to endeavor this evening when the guy brings home tacky gloves and duct tape. I'm going to get that bathroom done one way or another. He's so stuck. I do care about him and I feel bad because he's doing this to himself but won't try to change. I sure can't change him. Not that I've tried. I just wanted a healthy relationship. "he's a great guy" is what everyone says about him.
    When I retire, which is not so far away (probably 5 years or so) I've decided to get into some kind of helping practice. Whether that involves assisting a therapist or volunteering somewhere. I feel the pull that way. I'm really looking forward to the Natural Lifemanship course. My friend Carla is going to do it too, which will be great. She's so amazing with all the horses and people she helps. It will be wonderful to visit with her, too.
    Anyway, I want to look up locations of practitioners and it would be really nice if someone was close enough for the guy to go. I tried to talk honestly with him about how I felt but got cut off with his defensiveness. *sigh* I just need to pray for him. I think Thursday girl goes to court so she may be back here, too. joy. I'm trusting God for all this. I'll just plug along and throw applications out there. I really want to go where God wants me. Anywho...it's nice to be able to get this off my chest.

So today? not sure. Sunshiney at least!!!
  • tried on my "new" helmet.  too loose.  bummer.  Finally figured out the adjustment things in it and now it fits!  Just needs a good cleaning.  I have never ridden with a helmet but am thinking I might try it out for riding alone.

The cowboy hat fits like it was made for  me.  \

So happy with our sale treasures.