Quick Post

Sunday and rain, for sure

Sunday and rain, for sure
  • The little stream down the road, which seems to serve to channel runoff, is roaring pretty good. All the now and rain we've had has really raised the water table.
    I pulled wall paper off the bathroom walls. Seems if that room is ever going to get done I'm going to have to take the lead. yay. Be glad to put this place on the market. Hoping it sells quickly.
    I might go to church. I should go to the one that's closer to me but... never been. I'd love to be closer to the base. There's a good one up that way.
    Happy for the rain to cleanse the world! Happy that I love my job! Happy to have great friends!
  • Hunter, if you have a steamer or access to one, they work great for getting old wallpaper off...also for sanitizing bathrooms and beds.

The girl who was going to take me to see that Standie  kinda chewed me out yesterday evening for not meeting her.  Hello, we never agreed to meet, just left it kind of up in the air.  Then, later, she admitted that the owner had sent her a message that she was not home, was babysitting the grandkids.

Chores are done.  Cal has been fed as have I .  All that remains to do is get bathed and dressed for Church and I have almost two hours of me time.

My DIL said the boys love baked apples.  I sent her the directions for doing them in the microwave.  Success.  They loved them.  

We gave son and DIL fleece (?) sheets at Christmas.  They feel like the really nice fleecy blankets you can get for your couch or whatever you want to use them on.  So soft.  I got a set for us, loved them, went back and got us another set and a set for my oldest  and Cal's oldest.  Successful gift giving!  She said she put them on their bed and the boys checked them out.  They didn't want to leave for their own beds.  She said it would be a great birthday or Christmas idea for them.  Doubt if the store has any left but will check today since it is on the way home from Church.  If they have any twin sets left, I can see them being used as Valentine gifts.

Saw the cutest little dogs yesterday at an adoption event at TSC.  The rescue I am friends with (really friends, not just facebook) had three there.  The cutest short dog..Lab Doxie cross.  Doxie legs and head with a lab body cute but a bit to doxie for me...really alert and tended to bark.  A small Chi that demands attention and then a small black dog that Joe cautioned me to be careful of because he didn't like women.  I had already said hello to him and we made wonderful eye contact and there were no signs of him warning me away.  He was in a kennel.  I talked with him and eventually put my hand on the kennel.  He came over, tried to get his head by my hand.  I moved it and put it through the bars of the cage...he snuggled up to my hand so I could rub his ear and put his nose through the bars to get in better contact with me.  A year old and no bigger than my cat, Max. So tempting but I doubt if our Ooba would approve. No idea how he is with cats, either.

See, he is so very cute.  She only lets them go after their shots (age appropriate) and spay/neuter are done..or promised to be done.  The adoption fee doesn't even cover the vet bill for their shots and surgeries.  

The rain took the snow down some yesterday.  The plows pushed the shoulders back and our truck is going to stay put until the banks go down, unless someone else shovels it out.

Have a super week, all.

• The Petsmart in Redding has a room for the largest rescue in our area.  They almost always have a couple of dogs out in view  (in the aisle) for adoption.  Usually they're pretty affable fellows.  When we went last week they had two crosses that were extremely aggressive.  So much so I don't think they should have been in the store.  Nice with people but the kennels were only barely containing them when other dogs were even near, let alone attempting to pass.

Surprise clouds and imminent rain today.  Was supposed to be sunny.

• Connie, "The rescue I am friends with (really friends, not just facebook) " OUCH!!!

I decided a long time ago I only wanted fb friends who were real friends. I had people sending me friend requests from high school - but we were never friends in high school! um, no. thank you.  I do have some fb friends I've never met in person but I consider them real friends.

My dogs are all I need. I will be happy to have a larger dog one day. I just feel more secure. Okay possibly a firearm. But not until my living arrangements change!  lol - too volatile around here!  

• I just meant that I am friends with Brenda and her family.  I don't just follow the rescue like I follow some of the horse rescues.  I don't accept all my friend requests.  I agree, if we were not friends before why would we be friends now? Of course, I like the new friends through this site and have found a few good friends from other interests.

• Interesting thought about Facebook highschool friends.  I haven't heard from any of those people and don't wish to.  If I never hear from another person from my highschool years it won't be long enough.  I could count on one hand (and have fingers left over) how many people I would ever speak with from that crowd.  Not that I wish any of them ill, I just don't want to remember them or that miserable institution.

I don't follow any rescues.  There is nothing I can do and only feel bad about it when reading about the ponies, horses, and dogs that need help I can't provide.  Then again, just about all of my animals have been rescued from a bad situation anyway, so maybe there actually was a small thing possible.

Turned out to be a lovely day.

The neighbor's house up the road burnt today.  Really spectacular with exploding gas cylinders in his shop and light shows from his loading equipment and ordinance.  I do hope they're okay.  No, I'm not going to check on them because they wouldn't appreciate it and likely be nasty about it.  So, I'll just hope they're okay and leave well enough alone.

Hope everyone around here has a good week coming up.

• I am down to about a handfull of FB HighSchool friends that I sorta care about. As time goes by, I Unfriend a lot of people, including relatives. I don't do drama on FB and I do not go their for news.  the "Hide" selection is one of my favorites!

• I admit, I Hide or Unfollow a lot of people.  Some I block. High school friends?  I think I have one that I am friends on facebook with.  Yes, Stude, some memories are best left in the past.