Quick Post

Furlough Friday

Furlough Friday
  • I haven't turned on the news but last I heard I'm furloughed. Gotta go in and sign the paperwork.

Boy is off today, too. Maybe we can do something - go on an adventure or something.

Nothing else going on in this part of the world except cold stuff happening outside. I'm tired of it. Makes me rethink that job opening in Alaska. :)
  • The early morning news said the budget was passed and was ready for the President to sign. Curious, since you normally don't work Fridays would you have been able to stay at home if you were not required to go in and sign unnecessary paperwork?

Still have not decided how to attempt to catch or chase out whatever is in the barn.  Thinking maybe just take a have a heart trap squirrel trap over.  Not sure about placement of the danged thing so the cats don't mess with it.  They do tend to be curious critters.

• I get every other Friday off. I went in with old clothes on and ended up having to work. They passed ANOTHER continuing resolution. Until March when we do this all over again.

I set up a trap and my cat wouldn't go near it. Unfortunately neither did the cat I was trying to catch who was coming over fighting with my cat. Moot point now :(  

I still took the afternoon off. Sitting here listening to boy fighting with his H&R Block web site. And the dogs wanting to go out. Always something. :)

• Another day of tree trimming. Not nearly as hazardous today.

But maybe wee have worn out the newi-sh chainsaw.

Pilot sharpened it  and touched it up after lunch break but the chain

was overheating by the time we were finishing.

We are done enough around the cabin but had not yet started by the pump house and cattle pens.

Cows enjoy eating the the leaves of the brush.

The little bull calf is fun to watch. He is never anywhere near his momma.

She did get really upset once today. Bellering, she and the rest looking for him. He was way off out of sight by himself.

Our calf is due soon. It will be cute to watch a pair of youngsters get in trouble.

Girls day with sis and B. tomorrow.

Everyone have a nice Saturday!

• DH, you probably need new or more oil for the bar. Cal says it sounds like a lack of oil problem.  Even oil directly on the bar should help.

It looks like another snowy day here.  Doubt if we will go and look at that horse today.  I really am not excited about seeing him.  Whisper is a good mare and she really does not need company until grass time.  Who knows?  She might decide the pasture is okay to be in all alone.  She has started seeking grass when the snow melts.  I have actually been considering doubling her stall by taking down the wall between it and the next stall...they were build with that potential.  Of course, with her lack of tidiness, it will probably mean more territory to police each day.  Not really possible to call her neat in the stall and mean it.

Oh, oops, today is Saturday and I am on Friday's post, but too late to change now.

It will soon be daylight.  Must be quite a bit of snow in the air because there is no pink on the horizon yet.  Still, by the time I feed the feral colony and get things together for the barn, I should have no problems with seeing my way over there.  Just want ME to be visible.  The road shoulders are about two feet deep in snow and I have to walk in the road on my way to the barn.  Not a great distance but it seems like the traffic always increases as I am on my way.  Like backing into the driveway...not a car in sight until you try .

Hope everyone has a great weekend.