Quick Post

Most of Monday

Most of Monday
  • will be spent meeting friends for lunch.
    Pizza at the brewery in nearby John City.

The kids enjoyed the snacks and game immensely.
    I was running behind all day.
    V came by and dropped a bunch of her packed belongings for safe keeping.
    Unbelievable what she is going through.

B arrived and saw I was busy with V. The chores were not yet done and B took care of everything.
    Too late for a haircut.

Stude if the Texas Hill Countryis on your radar come for a visit.

I need to get moving or I'll be mostly late all day again.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Careful to whom you throw out invites DH.  You might end up with a '51 Spartan in your yard.

• Work. Same. Crazy.

Prayers for V.

So glad the game and snacks were a success. Even if the Patriots lost. Had to happen sometime.

Enjoyed the time at the farm over the weekend. I cleaned one area of enclosure that took a dozen trips to the manure pile with a wheelbarrow. And it was a loooong way. I'm glad I got it done, though. And physical work is rewarding. Feels good. I only got to ride two horses. I'm having fits with saddles. The Aussie - I love it but the girth situation is making me rethink putting the Western rigging back on. At least I can use it. I got a dressage girth (short) but it was too short for the fatty I rode Friday. Anyway, it was frozen rain topped with snow Friday when I woke up. The forecast for NJ was 100% chance of rain. and cold. I drug my feet getting going and turns out there was NO rain or snow there. ugh. Should have started earlier. I'll do better next time.

Anyway I'm missing the horses! Wish I could be there to play with that big rotten horse.

• Hunter reading about your cleaning that pen reminds me of my work here on Jmebear's place.  When she bought that little Kubota it really saved me.  Then she bought the manure spreader and things have been so much better since.  Cleaning stalls has been so much quicker and easier.  I cleaned the outside portion of Sock's corral (about a fifty feet square) in just a few hours yesterday.  Where it would have taken twelve hours or more spread out over several days with a wheelbarrow.  That little Kubota might be just a little toy tractor, but it's a blessing from heaven to me!

All the kiddies spent the day next door again.  I, and they, are enjoying this mild weather.  However I do hope we go back into a rain pattern soon.  Otherwise this will be another drought year.  

Hope everyone has a great week.

• Wife's 2nd eyeball was done a week ago yesterday. She can finally go back to the dusty barn and help. Horse spent the night out Saturday and then came in Sunday for breakfast and stayed in pretty much all day due to cold rain. Been a LOT of nights in the barn this Winter season. I use to track such things as barn nights but when Eros passed kinda lost my desire to track such things.

Wife was supposed to retire Monday but that has been put on hold. Girl replacing her ain't quite there and then there is my sister who is living with us. The wife's plan was to retire and renovate the house and take Eros to the next level. She does not want to be a caregiver. She also doesn't want to go to jail for murder. Anyway, sister will be moving out in May/June to Independent Living place where she can move to assisted when needed. Independent Living is under construction and scheduled to be finished in May. Wife will retire then.

• Wise move on your wife's part, face.  

Was supposed to go look at that free Standardbred today but there are time constraints.  Maybe Saturday.  I am thinking that there is something wrong when someone buys a horse, pays to ship it, and then, after two and a half months, wants to give it away.  I am dealing with a go-between and every bit of information I get is second handed.  Just not comfortable with this.  My favorite dealer came home from the hospital Monday after the heart valve transplant he got last week.  I asked him before the surgery to be on the lookout for a horse for me to turn out with Whisper.  I have pasture and she wants me to be there when she is in it.  A gentle horse, thin is fine, I can deal with thin, broke decent would be good.  He missed out on one he used to own.  It went through the auction and he didn't recognize it because it was in bad shape.  The seller came to him after and asked him why he didn't help him get more for it.  The horse was well broke but underfed and feet neglected.  I told him he should have given the kill buyer the $100 profit and then gotten his profit from me.  I just want company for her but one I could put Cal or a visitor on would be nice.

Whisper was a brat when I made her go out..  She wanted back in when I was doing chores and started trying to open the gate to the barn with her foot...I showed her the lunge whip.  She actually got uppity but saw I was seriously unhappy with her actions and she settled right down.  She really needs more turnout.  Danged weather.  She is a lot more energetic since her trim. The angle is different on her front feet than it was and I am wondering if it is making her more comfortable.

Storm supposed to be moving in Wednesday.  Hope they are smart enough to shut the buses down before it hits instead of closing things early and making the drivers transport in what we are going to get.

Stude, a visit to DH might help you see if you really want that move.

• Some people need the shore. Some need the mountains. I need woods. Green tree filled woods.  That's what I'm hoping for.

• I'll second that motion Hunter!