Quick Post

School day Saturday

School day Saturday
  • I took a Reiki 1 class today. I can work on your pain, MK. :) I'm looking forward to getting somewhat skilled. I'd love to work on horses. There's some horse instruction worked in. The other student is a barn manager. The instructor (master?) has a horse, too, so they were talking about different therapies they use on horses.

Amazing the work everyone has done (some more than others) on the Cowie's house. God bless you all.

Connie that mare is a true diva. :)

No word on jobs. I interviewed for one Thursday. Took boy to Boston that night - he got off work at 9:30pm, came home, packed and we went (to Boston). Left him at a hotel where he could take a shuttle to the airport the next day. I drove back as far as the base, got a room and slept 3 1/2 hrs. Had a blast being goofy and sleep deprived. Got a good night's sleep last night, thank goodness. I had a problem child customer to deal with and the entire chain of command sat in on a conference call. My customer hired someone to do work over $20K worth, without prior approval/authorized commitment. um...illegal. So now I go to Long Island Monday. Boy flies back to Boston and will catch a train to New Haven where I can grab him on my way home from NY. yay. Juggling is what I do best. And really? Life's a challenge and we have to make the most while we're here.
    It's late. Hope your day was great and tomorrow even better. (I'm thinking about burning some leaves and stuff.)
  • I like the new blacksmith.  He took more time with one foot than the other one took to do four.  A nice, careful job.  Of course, she behaved like the wonderful calm girl she is.  Oh, and the blacksmith and I were chatting about various things and I mentioned my rotator cuff issues.  He asked if I would mind if he prayed for me. Mind?  More like thankful.  He prayed.  He has a church at his home and knows some of the same people we know at church.

Now, dog is sick.  Thursday night she vomited.  Friday morning she vomited.  Friday evening she ate a little white meat of chicken.  Saturday morning she ate Chicken and rice.  She had a little,  Two hours later she had a little more.  Mid afternoon she had more.  We went out for errands and came back.  She was in her bed and lethargic. She will drink if asked.  I held her for quite a while and she seems to get really hot and then go back to normal.  Sure praying for improvement in the morning.  Like people doctors, vets are not easy to get on weekends.  I can get my horse vet but she doesn't do a lot of dogs.  The small animal vet might see her, just not sure.  Will decide tomorrow what to do.  Poor little girl.  She is seldom outside for long but she was out Wed or Thurs and may have gotten into something that came off the feral cat deck.  She loves bones,  She does not get them but the cats do.  I worry she may have gotten one and may have eaten it and it is staying with her.  I worry.  Really hoping for an improvement in the morning.

Hunter, glad you are busy.  It helps.

• Throwing up doesn't sound like a bone stuck to me. (coming from recent experience) Carmy has developed a sensitive stomach, actually they both have. If they get any table scraps that are rich or oily they tend to throw up now. I'm having fun trying to get that through someone's thick head. She'd gained so much weight it really ticks me off. It's coming down little-by-little.

• oh, I'm doing Reiki on the dogs. They love it. :)

• As an added bonus for Saturday, we stopped off at the other house to check on things.  The tenant moved out the end of last month.  He sure left a lot of "stuff".  It was fairly cold in there but we had water.  Hmmm.  furnace not coming on.  I heard a noise.  We rushed down cellar.  The house has village water and the meter broke.  We could have floated boats in the lowest portion of the cellar, which is the part where the furnace is.  It did float a 55 gallon barrel.  The village sits on gravel.  Prayed a lot for the dog and the house.  Dog is much better today.  It is almost 2 pm on Sunday and she is wagging her little tail and enjoying her chicken (I tell her it is a treat).  We stopped at the house after church and the water was gone from the cellar.  Borrowed a salamander from #1 stepson and it is drying out the furnace.   We will go back down and see if it will start.  We winterized all of the drains and it will not be the end of the world if the furnace needs help.  It is only a few years old so I am hoping for the best. The burner unit is above the flood line.  I am thankful the water drained away and the dog is improving.

Hunter, you are remarkable.  You are much better under pressure than I see myself being.

• Okay, if the meter broke, does that mean the Villiage is responsible for the damage Connie?  My philosophy is , 'neither a landlord nor tenant be...' however I end up being one or the other all together too often.

Beautiful day.  Taking the big kids next door so that the little ones can run around a while.

Hope everyone had a blessed Sunday!  Was able to make it to Church, WOO HOO!!

• Stude, I think yes.  Cal says he thinks he can fix it.   He does not like anything to do with village politics.  I think the village owns the meter so it should be their responsibility to fix  but if he can fix it, they will never know.  Of course, if it metered that water (I do not know which side of the meter the break was on but think on the incoming side) the mayor will be calling to see if we have a leak.  Then she will want the meter replaced. Not sure just what is broken.  I went down into that level and it had 18-20" of water of water in there.  The salamander did its job I guess.  I threw the emergency shut off to on and the furnace would not start.  Checked the breaker box and the breaker was blown.  Thank God there was a couple of extra breakers of the same size there.  Changed it, turned it on and the furnace fired up.  Took the salamander and the cord back to step son and admired his latest purchase for resale.  It is a 2011 Malibu and he will trade straight across for our 1008 Equinox.  The Malibu gets much better mileage but sits lower and is not as easy to get in and out of.  We might go and try it tomorrow and decide.