Quick Post

Sitting in Sunday

Sitting in Sunday
  • Not doing anything today.
    B is coming and we plan to watch TV.
    Too windy to ride.

Friday at Cowies was the usual trying to get finished.
    Pilot worked on drywall in the storage closet behind the fireplace.
    I cleaned up the back porch staging area and after lunch helped Richard with rocking the front of the fireplace.

Lunch was roast beef sandwiches and chips.
    They should be getting the countertops installed this weekend.
    Next Friday should be our last work day with them.
    We need to get back to our own projects now that the weather is warming.

Yesterday the weather was beautiful! 72*! And less wind than expected.
    V and I snuck in a ride.
    I wanted to try the new saddle on Tex but the *** collar I got was of course too small for the giant black monster.
    I didn't want to waste time swiping parts from other saddles to get it fitted.
    Threw his regular saddle on and off we went.

V hadn't ridden since well before Christmas and took Jet.
    The boys did fantastic. I need to rethink tack for the new saddle.
    She is in an impossible life situation and needed a relaxing ride.

I feel for my friends who won't take control of their lives.
    Time is passing. And you don't get it back.
    A big reminder, one of our volunteers lost her husband suddenly Friday night.
    Poof gone.

I hope everyone has a sedate Sunday!
  • Ah yes it is a short ride when it's all said and done. I'm delicately trying to extricate myself. How does that sound?

I've been enjoying the Stb rescue. Went for the weekend and got to ride about 5 horses and did ground work with another. It was pretty soupy out there in the arena since the snow all melted. Actually when I drove in Friday the snow was still around but it was gorgeous Saturday!! I drove back today and found out you-know-who was disconnecting the internet before he went to bed at night so boy couldn't be online. Stupid little games. So tired of it. On the other hand it's laughable.

Anyway, I'm glad you got a ride in yesterday. There's a clinic that is going to be in all states and there's one in...about an hour from Harper. I'm trying to figure it out.

I'd like to be moving to the DC area. The job I interviewed for is with my organization and there are so many others that are hiring from within so this might be my best chance for promotion. This shutdown will cause everything to come to a screeching halt for hiring. sigh

Right now I have to get this house sold.

• Good Sunday ride, 1st ride in a month. I think Apache is to the point that the spurs (attitude adjusters) can be removed.