Quick Post

Thursday That

Thursday That
  • may have been the last of our winter weather.
    Fingers crossed.
    It is 31 this morning. The forecast missed again by ten degrees.
    It stayed overcast so not as cold as expected.

Volunteer day for me. Maybe can leave early.
    We are hoping to close for remodel. Waiting for Board approval on bids.
    I guess I should work ahead on getting ready for that.

Everyone have a thaw-jul Thursday!

• I turned Whisper out this noon.  It was about 25 above zero.  She spotted the dogs/men across the road and up the hill hunting coyotes.  She finally gave me a somewhat typical Arab pose.  She was happy to watch but was more than happy to go back in when I went back over about half an hour later.  Glad for her blanket, too.

• That's a great picture, Connie! She's beautiful! I'm reading a great book called The Perfect Horse about the daring rescue of the royal Lippizaners and Arabians that had been "stolen" (basically) by the ***. General Patton played a fair hand in the whole operation, though if it went south he would have denied it. lol Great book.

I'm hoping to start early and get to the horse rescue before noon. If I can take off early enough. Lots of drama at my house. It will be nice to escape! I try not to let it affect me.

just an fyi - girl had court today, she's still doing time. She has to decide between less time or treatment. She'll do what she wants. I hope the best for her.

Speaking of all this: hoping to get this house finished up!!! Interview went well but I won't know anything for a while.