Quick Post

Friday for sure

Friday for sure
  • I did not get enough sleep and it is going to be a long day.
    Heading to Cowies. I thought we would be finishing the ceiling.
    But the tape and float was suppose to be done yesterday and maybe texturing is happening today.
    It will be interesting none the less.

Sloppy joe sandwiches and chips for lunch.

Connie cross fencing would be the answer but east and west perimeter fences at SaneHaven top the fence list.
    Fencing here is not an easy pound the posts in project.
    For now I think alternate turn outs will have to be the answer.
    Tonto, Chica and Sarcee one day and Tex and Jet the next.
    I'll use more hay but is the most workable solution right now.

I am glad Whisper is doing better.

It is Friday everyone enjoy!

• Post pounding is something I have never been good at.  Even with a good hole made with my trusty hop bar, I still am not good with a post mall.  I understand our local cooperative extension has a power post pounder they loan out...I think it may work of a tractor PTO but am not sure.  Some people set them with a loader bucket using down pressure.  I understand fencing is not an easy task.

It is in the mid 50's today.  I have the patio door open since it is 78 inside.  Hubby has a fire in the wood stove downstairs.  I think we can let it go out and restart it this evening when it will go down in the 40's or lower.  We have a slow, steady drizzle going on out there.

Hope the ceiling goes well at Cowie's.  They are blessed to have such good friends and neighbors.

• Jmebear purchased a gas pounder because I flat refused to pound posts with the usual implement.  My shoulders won't allow it anymore.  That machine is a LIFE SAVER!!  Actually makes putting up a fence a pleasure.  We also ordered the long handles (which I have yet to install) so that longer posts could be put in and to help with posts on an incline.  I put up 150' of posts a few days ago and though I was pretty sore afterwards, my shoulders weren't bothering me at all.  BIG difference from the last fence I put in!

Today was a 100% chance of rain.  It rained for about an hour this morning from seven to eight am.  Nothing but wind since.  A week or so ago, it was only 20% chance of rain and poured all day, go figure.  I'm thinking of putting Breezy out in the round pen and taking the manure wagon out to empty.  Then I have to get the drag box out of Socks' pen, while I can, before it gets wet and slippery back there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!