Quick Post

Sunday sore

Sunday sore
  • My aching legs and feet.
    Too much on my feet on cement slabs?

Hunterseat be safe.
    Why are they sending people to Austin?
    St Croix was the only island I didn't hop when I was there.
    It WAS all very beautiful. And I was hoping to go back for a vacation with Pilot as he had never been.
    I guess it may be a few years.

Thursday was a long volunteer day as usual.
    Friday at Cowies was also long.
    First thing I re-bandaged Richard infected finger from his last hand surgery.
    I did give him a few choice words about being careful.

My friend did deliver lunch so that is a load off me.
    The other guys were already there working on the other ceiling arc.
    They made good progress as one of them worked with us on the other side last week.
    He has some serious carpentry skills.

His high school son was training to be a Navy Seal about 5 years ago and drown.
    Such a very tragic loss. They did donate his organs so many others were saved.

The center part of the ceiling should go faster.
    I sprayed the last stained ceiling pieces with poly and cleaned the spray gun.
    There was a bit more wood to be stained and poly-ed but they had run out od stain.

Pilot and I worked on building the hallway bench. We got it as far as materials allows.
    We then pulled out the welding rig for Richard and we got it started.
    They needed a trailer jack welded on so we took care of that project.

Shirlene arrived with the needed stain.
    She had had surgery to her face on Wednesday and she was having a rough day.
    They had stitched a 4 inch bolster under her mouth.
    She is not able to eat until that is removed.
    Everything threw a straw and she is wearing a surgical mask.

Yesterday morning I was laying in bed drinking coffee and relaxing. Pilot asked what Saturday was my extra volunteer shift?
    Yikes! and off I went. Another busy day on my feetsies.

B is coming today. Maybe a ride?

Everyone have a soft Sunday.

• Up at 4:30 again and back on the bus, to Atlanta. Stone mountain today, Farmer's market tomorrow. Fly out Tuesday.

I think Austin might be a call center? Not sure.

• Hello everyone,  DH,  I kind of know what your friends are going through.  In 1959 my Dad was burned,  he had 3rd degree burns over 85% of his body and was in the hospital for over 2 yrs straight.  Cutting away the burnt meat, skin grafts.  I was 9 yrs old and I still remember almost like yesterday.

Hunter,  sounds almost like a bus vacation,  Stone Mountain,  farmers market,    Good thing is I bet your stress levels are down ...Nap when you can.,  bus rides are boring if you don't have a window seat.