Quick Post

Wednesday, Looks like Rain

Wednesday, Looks like Rain
  • Yesterday I had an appointment with my care provider at the VA clinic. She took me off of the blood pressure med I took in the evening thinking that it was the cause of my tongue swelling up twice in the last 2 months. The last time I had to go to the ER after talking to a nurse at the clinic. I was having a hard time swallowing. And the episodes were lasting longer, this one about 10 hrs. ER gave me 3 different shots and by the time I left the ER I was able to be understood when I talked. LOL. She also is changing my neuropathy meds, weaning me off of the current one since I am just below the max. dose for that one, then starting the new one in a couple of weeks.

I also had a blood draw to check for Hep C since that is a baby boomer thing and you will not know you have it till it has already done the damage. I read an article from the VA that the pills for hep c cost like $700 each. If I remember right. I questioned the lab tech as to the number of tubes of blood she took. (5). 2 for hep c test and 3 other ones for other tests (copper levels ?)

My A1C was 7.0 from the lab test last month for the preceding 3 months. I said that's good right, Care Provider said the one before that was 7.1 LOL
    they want A1C's to be no more than 6.7. I am a type 2, insulin dependent diabetic and I use 2 types of insulin, for those who are curious as to why all the numbers. LOL>

I sure am glad the VA meds don't cost me out of pocket, I would be in the poor house. LOL.

Sorry so long. Cookies anyone? (sugar free)
  • We are having a beautiful stretch of weather here. A bit cooler. TONS of acorns. The horses are eating them like crazy.

Early run to Fred-burg this morning. Pilot needed blood work. No cause for concern.

Good luck on your blood work Second Chance.

We had lunch at our Italian spot and then stopped at DaneHaven to do chores on the way home. It will save me some agony tomorrow.

Tonto and Chica won't be there too much longer. We will be moving them out here at the end of the month if all goes well.

Relaxed and took a nap to prepare for volunteering tomorrow and Cowies on Friday.

We are starting plans for a welcome home-coming benefit.

Please shout out any thoughts or ideas you might have. We need all the help we can get.

It sounds like the major task for Friday will be the living room ceiling. Richard and Shirlene have stayed home from rehab this week.

Our friends G&K have been helping them cut and stain the wood strips. Scaffolding here we come!

Everyone stay safe!!

• Stay safe is right if you're dealing with scaffolding. I wish I could be there.

2ndChance, you better take care of yourself!! (shakes finger- pointer finger)

I spoke with my stage 4 dear friend today. She's dealing with horse issues. She needs to be safe but she's all alone out that way.

Speaking of, another job interview tomorrow in MD, near her. NOAA. It would be a great job!

I better get going. hugs all around

• I only fell off once. ; /

• What?  Are you okay?