Quick Post

Tuesday today

Tuesday today
  • 2nd Chance, they're going to double it soon, just letting his body get used to it, reportedly.

Glad to get back to work. Boy had a meeting to go to. He feels a bit honored that he's invited. I guess they consider him the fish department head? They're traveling up to the place 60 miles away where he was for training. He's getting a ride, THANK GOODNESS! I'll be so glad to have him gone so that he's not the target of complaints. I love being around him but, at the house, it's as if he's not here. He NEVER comes out of his room unless he's going outside to smoke or he's grabbing a bite to eat - and he eats very little of our food. We all know it's going to come to an end - he's trying to get fully established in this department so he can start applying out in Denver. Plus his store manager has to approve his transfer.

I hope the day is wonderful. I hope Dana's okay with all those fires. What a horrible thing, whole neighborhoods burnt out. The winds just took control. Wow. Later!
  • Hunter, glad boy has a plan.  If he wants to move to Denver, I hope he can achieve this goal soon.  Life is very stressful when two people you care for do not like each other's company.

Whisper is still swollen but not like she was.  I am leaving her legs unbandaged today so she can get some air to those legs...will hose her later.  Sure wish she would stay out without company...can't leave her because she frets so and breaks out in hives.  Seriously thinking of getting her a friend.  She was never fond of Skidder, didn't mind leaving him in the barnyard when she went to pasture, but apparently liked the company. Oh, speaking of Skidder, the girl who has him posted pictures of him driving and giving pony rides over the weekend.  She really is happy with him and he looks happy to have a job.  I think it is a good match for the two of them.

I think we will be taking a load of "stuff" to Burton's for Saturday's auction.  I might have to stay here  because we have a customer coming to pick up something.  Will see what unfolds.

• Well, to say this has been an interesting week would be an egregious understatement!  Fires here, there, and everywhere in California!  With all the burns around our place, we have a good buffer, for the most part now.  Losing half the city of Santa Rosa is a real crime.  Especially all the historic homes and buildings.  Watched Jack London's home burn.  Not good that.

One friend is holed up in her vet clinic, another couple staying with friends with their horses at the Orange County Fairgrounds.  Then my daughter surrounded by several fires (none closer than ten miles as of this afternoon, praise God) and wondering if Healdsburg is going to suffer Santa Rosa's fate.  Heavens to Betsy!

Took three ponies to the Vet today.  One had to get his weenie treated, poor fellow.  the other two just got inoculations.  

Laid down the floor in my Spartan today.  So she has a door and a floor and is whole again.  Next week I'm going to take all the paneling down in the lounge and remove all the nasty mouse-fouled insulation.  I hope to be able to de-stink the paneling.  Then I have to figure out what I'm going to do about insulation.  But that worry is for next week.

We have been planning all summer to go to an event at an equestrian Centre outside of Chico this coming weekend.  However they are an evac center for the fires around Oroville and the surrounding area.  So we are wondering if the event is going to be cancelled.  there are currently nearly fifty evac horses in the stable.  We need to call tomorrow and see what's what.

Well, I hope everyone has a safe and serene day tomorrow.