Quick Post

Friday - half tennis ball? What's that about? :)

Friday - half tennis ball? What's that about? :)
  • Connie, tennis ball inquiry. Also, yes. I feel like I'm always doing what anyone else wants, though it is usually turned around to make it seem like I'm the one calling the shots. I'm going somewhere, not sure where. When I move, boy will move to CO or he will move as soon as he gets that fish department cert. He did get a great raise.

Anyway, today is done almost. I made chicken, spinach, garbanzo bean whole wheat pita with shredded red onion and greek yogurt topping. It was good! Glad I prepped it this morning. Easy.
  • The vet was worried Whisper might  get a coffin bone rotation and wanted me to find a "lily pad" to put on her foot.  Couldn't fine one but she said gauze would work.  Just something to press against the frog and massage it.  Years ago I heard about taking a tennis ball, cutting it in half, and taping it round side up to  the bottom of the foot.  Got a dog one at TSC and did that.  The vet had me relocate it directly on the frog and it is held in place with duct tape.  She is walking fine on it.  Tomorrow it will be a week with the half a ball and with no heat in the foot, I am hoping we are near the end of this procedure.

Went to a birthday party tonight for my oldest grandson.  He is 13.  What a great family.  My DIL and her family treat me like family....Cal too.  He even became grandpa to the  cousins...everyone gets a hug and a kiss.  Warm wonderful people.

• Seems odd to me not to great one another with a hug. Friends, family... I know some people aren't "huggers" but that seems odd, too.

Thanks for the tennis ball answer, Connie. That's brilliant!