Quick Post

Tuesday rainy

Tuesday rainy
  • Here anyway.
    Rain chances all week. So far about a 1/2 inch.

Seems like it has been a long week already and it is only Tuesday.
    Nothing planned for today yet Possible go to town and get a shelf to finish the pantry reorg.

The desk and dead chest freezer left.
    The new upright freezer is awesome and needs filling.
    But losing the desk means finding a place for all the files etc...
    I think a shelf and some file boxes will solve the problem.

Nice to see you Second Chance.
    Good to hear a Texas Gal update and that she was spared from the hurricane.

Hunterseat when did panic attacks become an issue?????
    I will send you the bitless back.
    I am cleaning out tack and it is not being used.

Submariner girl is at Great Lakes.

Today is the tenth anniversary of my Jim's passing.
    Crazy it has been that long already? Time flies, live your life.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Went over to take care of Whisper Tuesday morning and was greeted by a three legged horse.  She would put no weight on her left front.  It was swollen from the elbow to the knee.  I got out bandages and commercial leg rub and did the front legs up and massaged the upper arm.  Went over after lunch, unbandaged, hosed her leg in the stall and re bandaged with my own mix.  More massage for the upper arm.  Call the vet...she is on vacation for the week.  Called my cat/dog vet (he also does cows but isn't fond of horses) and got some bute for her.

Fast forward to Wednesday morning.  I just went over and she was calling for me, had actually cleaned up all her hay, had drunk most of her bucket of water and was standing on that leg!!  So very thankful.  Still massive swelling but not as bad as last night.  Not sure if she did something to it when she slipped or if she got attacked by a bee but she is improving.

Have a good week all.

• Poor Whisper,  hope  she has a fast recovery.   Usually a Vet will have another Vet cover for them in case of an emergency.  When I had my horses I had the Vet I used plus could call  the vet he used to cover for him in an emergency..  

• Spider bite?

• we have some huge spiders around here and we also have those nasty white with black legs caterpillars .  One of them got me last year and my arm was not happy for a long time.   It could be a bug bite but I am leaning towards a wicked forearm sprain.  An equine massage therapist looked at her pictures and said it looked like she tore her forearm and chest.  I know she pretty much did a half split straddle because I saw it.

• Connie, sounds like Swallowtail butterfly catepillars (or grubs).  They emit hydrochloric acid  (to pre-digest their food) and will leave burns if they land on you.  We have tons of them around the wetlands that surround our rivers and river-deltas here in California.

• I know that whatever it was it got on my arm when I was outside moving something and I wiped it off...squished it.  Green gunk and , yes, it was like a huge burn on my harm where the green gunk was.

• Well likely  this summer you will have lovely butterflys all over the place.  In fact in your area, they may have a blue blush on the lower wings.  If you see large Swallowtails in the spring, you will know what got you.