Quick Post

Sunday... I need a word that means patience that starts with an S

Sunday... I need a word that means patience that starts with an S
  • Just got back from the biggest fair in New England (The Big E). I was so excited to go. We got discount tickets back in June. So anxiety attack happened and he couldn't handle it. Not his fault but still. We walked in and that was about it. I had to focus really hard not to be angry. Really a problem which he's going to the doctor for this week. HOWEVER we left there and pitched camp at Prospect Mountain Campground. Super successful. Calming, peaceful....good.

Trip home was fraught with anxiety (as soon as he got in the truck). All in all, I'm glad to be home. Boy's sick but we got some severe flu meds and he should be okay.
  • Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the fair after looking forward to it for so long.

• Such a shame about the fair.  How about 'Self-Restraint Sunday'?  Seems to fit your behaviour for the weekend.  Panic attacks are a lot like Fibromyalgia.  Neither has any visible symptoms and the person suffering from them often looks to be just a bit crazy.  Kudos to your self restraint in that situation.

Took out the rotten part of the Spartan's floor today.  Was also looking at other parts of the trailer as well.  Seems like the whole interior will have to be redone.  Most of the issue isn't the paneling or cabinets, which for the most part, are in excellent condition.  It's the mouse stink.  The little b#@@*&#s got into everything!  No big surprise with the door hanging open for ten years or more.  I used a product in Jmebear's sewing room to deal with a smelly floor that might help.  However, I'm afraid it will delaminate the panels.  Might as well try it as the panels will have to be replaced otherwise, so no loss if it doesn't work, I suppose.  there are also a few doors and drawer-fronts which are de-laminating.  So, I am puzzling now how to get the work done.  Would have been nice to get that trailer in Washington for parts (rotten frame).

I was told in no uncertain terms Jmebear doesn't want her front yard to look like Fawn Lodge's.  I told her two travel trailers do not equate to Fred Sandford's junkyard.  She wasn't convinced.  So the Terry is going back to Fawn Lodge and the Spartan will follow as soon as I can manage it.  The problem with this is that I don't have the money to spend on gas and buy the materials for the repairs in the Spartan.  So a compromise will have to be reached here.  I have to have access to the Terry as it's currently on Craig's List for sale.  Not a lot of activity and those who have come to look were just lookie-loos.  In the meantime I have to register the Spartan, buy insurance for the new truck and get it insured too.  Ain't life grand??

Louie decided to be a typical Shetland day before yesterday and refused to be haltered to go back into his corral.  This is necessary because he was next-door and it isn't safe for the horses to be loose going over there.  He squeezed past me and out the open gate and was off and running.  Right out into the road, the little jerk!  I just haltered Benny and took my time in following.  There was a certain amount of stress as our neighbors up that road seem to think it's La Carrera Panamerica and drive like morons.  The name should be changed from Old Stage Road to Camino Carrera Panamerica.  Unfortunately that would likely only encourage the stupidity.  It would fit... but no, not a good idea I suppose.  Around here you don't ask people, "How stupid can you be?"  Their response is, "hold my beer..."  Not a good situation.
    Still, I degress...
    So along came Benny and I and Louie with his tail flagged (black pony at dusk-nearly-dark) prancing around playing 'Catch Me If You Can,' the idiot!  Thankfully, when I took Benny through the horse-gate (there's a cattle-guard in the road there), Louie followed and I was able to close that.  Thankfully also, he followed me into the barn-yard and went right into his stall.  I just put Bennie in, removing his halter, then closed and latched both of their stalls.  They're not going out again till I have the paddock fenced over here.  That might be another two weeks at least.  I don't like pony-games.

Socks reminded me today he is feeling a bit neglected and wants some attention.  Such a sweetie-pie he is!  Wish I could have gotten him back in the early eighties (LOL, about five years before both his parents were born!).  Ah well, I couldn't have kept him back then.  Neither of the women in my life would have allowed it.  Not to mention the fact I became a single-parent in the nineties.  Still... to have had him when I was younger, whole (well, more than now) and able to work with him more.  Nonetheless, he is such a blessing now.

Yet another of our best Combined Driving Events here on the Left Coast is folding up.  That leaves us only two decent shows to attend now.  As it is, we have to drive hundreds of miles to attend just about anything.  Part of the cost of being po-folk hawse-peaple in the PSSRC.  

Speaking of which, we have had some good news on the drive to divide California.  It appears the State Of Jefferson (SOJ) people achieved a victory in court and are moving on to petition Federal Court for redress on lack of representation in Sacramento.  The whole idea is to force the hand of both the State Legislature and Congress to grant the division of California.  There are a lot of people involved in SOJ that don't want 'Jefferson' as the state's name.  I like that idea.  Don't let's be imaginative.  Just call it Northern California and stick with the KISS principle.  Also, they have hammered out a new State Constitution which includes the Initiative system, also something I am glad to hear about.  We shall see what kind of Poison Pill Sacramento will attempt to insert into the deal.  Communists like Jerry Brown and his comrades don't like losing territory. 

So, before long we just might have a 51st state here on the Left Coast.  I wouldn't hold my breath on the issue though.  You might turn a pretty blue.  But then, you'd fit in with California and he rest of the West Coast.

Hope everyone around here has a great week ahead.  Mine has been planned out with a pretty full schedule all week.

• Hunter, was that the Eastern States Exposition?  I went there once.  A huge deal.  Sorry you missed it.

Stude, glad you are making progress with the trailer and even happier that you are so happy wit Socks.