Quick Post

Wednesday - what can I say?

Wednesday - what can I say?
  • I think we've done every day rhyme, title, verse possible.

I sent in a volunteer form for hurricane relief help. Should know something. I'll get my regular pay and any travel and overtime is covered by FEMA. Training in Alabama then no telling where they'd send me - if they want me. I've got a lot of emergency management type training. 3 of us (that I know of) sent in forms. We have a former coworker who got a job in Puerto Rico - his family is from there - and we're worried about him. last we heard he had a bottle of rum and was riding it out.

Nothing much else - boy is moving to the fish section of Petco. More experience for better transfer opportunities. Hopefully it will be soon. I'm so sick of the attitude and pettiness I have to put up with from the other.

No job news. There are jobs in CA and in DC, neither place would be a great move. Might put in for them anyway.

So have a great day!! Hope you love your new freezer, MK. Glad you have hay and wood. Now if you had bricks you could have a house building party for the 3 little pigs!

Stude, I'm so bad with numbers.
  • Math is a foreign language I don't speak either.

When I was in High School and a few years after, I raised fish for extra income.  Had Gromies, guppies, and Discus of several types.  Raised the Discus in the back yard as they required two hundred gallon tanks and Mum wouldn't allow anything that big in the house.  So I made their tanks out of 2x4s, plywood, and plastic.  They thrived, were fruitful and multiplied magnificently.  I made more off my fish than my Mother made at her job.

Went to south Redding and Jmebear bought a dragbox for her tractor.  Looking forward to playing with that!  

Still trying to figure out how I'm going to hang a door on that curved door frame.  It has me a bit stumped.  I might just sell this trailer on as it has some vertical challenges that could be very painful for me.  Not to mention a bathroom scaled for Billy Barty.  Won't get a lot for it, but then I didn't pay a lot either.

Got all the sub-floor pieces cut out and have to get them nailed down for Jmebear's sewing room (previously the saddle room).  Should be able to lay floor by this weekend.  Might be just about done with the floor by Monday or Tuesday!!  Woopie!  Then I can do fencing... oh, joy.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday (is it going on Thursday already?)!

• The guy who mows and bales our hay told Cal at work this morning that he baled it last night.  So,  we went down to the lot when Cal got home this afternoon and loaded it and put it in the barn.  Only 50 bales but nice second cut grass.  I have a couple of bales to check on this morning since they were pretty damp when we got them...laying on the ground overnight and all day is not a great  way to treat hay.  Salted it heavily and if it is heating, it goes out.

Some people we know stopped over and helped with the last load and then "hung out" with us.  Glad for the help but it made for a late dinner, they came in two vehicles  so the husband and son left finally and she stayed and ate with us.  I enjoy company but it made for a long day.

Hope everyone  is doing well.  Stude, can you get a door from a camper supply place?  Possibly find a scrapyard that has an airstream?