Quick Post

Tuesday-ish

Tuesday-ish
  • End of the day. Lots of work done today. Got to visit the dog obstacle course. Need to make some fence repairs, etc.

Got into a big one last night. I'm not overjoyed about being called ugly names. Just no excuse. What are we, white trash teenagers? Looking forward to getting out of here.
  • (((HUGS))) sweet friend.  You are worth so much more.

A girl from Church came with her Dad and brother to meet the little kitten in the barn.  She went home with them.  Kitten is now named Stardust, Dusty for short, and she took her nap on Hannah's shoulder.  Kitten was an only child so living alone when Hannah is a work should not be a major issue.  Hannah shares an apartment with her brother and his job is mostly nights so there will usually be someone home with her.

Got a call at dinner time and a friend had just baled a lot of third cut grass hay and offered us 70 bales at a decent price.  We went and got it.  It is on the trailer, tarped, and we will unload it in the morning.  Have to move hay that is in the barn to make room for it.  nice to have so much

• Hunter, you are worth so much more than this kind of thing.  Having had a bad relationship for nine years, you have my deepest sympathies.  I hope there is some way you can find some peace.  Our world seems to be on a crash-course for disaster sometimes.

Beast?  LOL, my little Spartanette is a pixie compared to a lot of what Spartan turned out!  No, it's still about three miles from the Walkingbear.  Poor Jmebear isn't happy about my bringing all these old trailers home.   However she likes this old girl too.  This old trailer has a kind of dilapidated grace to it.  I'm planning on cleaning most, if not all, the trash out of it tomorrow.

Also found out my hitch-receiver on the '66 Chevy is too wide for my lynch pins.  So I have to find longer pins.  The draw bars fit, but I'm unable to secure them at the moment.  Then again, if I get a grade 8 or 9 bolt, that might work...  Probably easier to find anyway. 

Today I finished the sub-floor in the mud-room/laundry-room.  It already looks so much better than I've ever seen it.  Put down a new floor in the alcove for the washer and dryer.  1" plywood on top of the disintegrating original floor sandwiching the 1/4" sub-floor between.  So the floor under the washer is around two inches.  Since all that is now tightly tied to both of the joists supporting the alcove, the washer should now finally have sufficient support.  One more room and I'm largely done with the SHHPS project!  Can't wait to be done!

The weather bureau is showing rain in the forecast for this coming week!  Not much, every little bit helps though.  Also temps below ninety!!  Woo hoo!!  The rest of the week is going to be a bit busy, but at least I'll be able to sleep at night!  I suppose this summer could have been worse.  I could have been in Montana or the Texas Coast!

God bless and keep everyone safe!