Quick Post

Friday - no fun here

Friday - no fun here
  • I was going to head out in the morning but I want to stay over and they don't work on Sunday there at the rescue. I'm going to wait until next weekend when I can start out on Friday, stay over and ride on Saturday, too. There are a couple of campgrounds nearby.

I made stuffed acorn squash. Was going to be vegan but I had mercy and added some ground turkey.

I'm just overwhelmed by the impending damage from these storms. Wow. I have coworkers in Puerto Rico and other coworkers with family in Fla. Of course many of us know people in the pathway. Hoping it's not as bad as we are expecting.

Better run along. Finally able to sit down and it's almost bed time. I've been up since 3:30am. ugh BUT I made it through the day!!!

Batten down the hatches, face!!!! Heck, they're evacuating Georgia east of 95. CRAZINESS
  • Poor George, he's going to come home to a stripped utility trailer and missing sheep skin from his rocker.  Annie is getting increasingly stiff when getting up and I figured just the thing would be that sheepskin which was procured for Nana and Annie inherited.  I washed it and George claimed it for his rocker.  I've left it there for quite a while now, several years.  He'll understand... I hope.

As mentioned I stripped the axles, springs Et. Al. off (basically my) the utility trailer.  One of the hubs has damaged lugs on it, however I'm hoping to be able to use it just to get the Spartanette home.  Tomorrow I have to work on getting the floor done in the Laundry room.  It's a very strangely shaped room that was a hallway leading outside, and oh yeah, let's add the washer and Dryer just to keep things interesting.  Stupid idea.  Anyway, I have to figure out the silly sub-floor tomorrow.  

Probably in the afternoon I'm going over to the Ranch, jack up, level, and figure out how and where I'm taking that trailer out.  Can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it out.  Poor Jmebear, I don't think she wants the thing here.   She will have that and my Terry in the front yard.  I brought the little Terry back as it's silly to be running up to Fawn Lodge to show it.  Gas is going up again and that's one 150 mile round trip I really don't need.

Well, yawning my head off, so nighty-night!

• Looks like we will be spared, though they are calling for up to 10" of rain on Monday, mostly SW of us. Wouldn't mind SOME rain.