Quick Post

Wednesday, what's up

Wednesday, what's up
  • I cannot stand this 9/11 stuff that has everyone reliving the moment. No I don't want to forget. I can't forget. But the on-and-on broadcast... ugh. I'm about to make him change the channel.

Work was okay. I got turned down for the job in Alaska. Did I mention the job in Alaska? :)

I'm going to turn in with a book early at this rate.
  •  Out to dinner at an all you can eat buffet with some friends.  The food is decent and the price is low...salad, soup, veggies, spuds, several meats, fish, pasta bar, desserts, fruits, ice cream....$6/each.  Hard to beat.  Another couple joined us so the six of us had a good time.  Brought an apple home to Whisper...she eats it one bite at a time...I get to hold it.

Don't remember hearing about Alaska before.  Cal was there in government work once a long time ago.

Hope to go and buy more straw tomorrow.  The dealer doesn't have much so I would like to get at least 20 more bales, maybe more.

We have internet  down time whenever the power goes out...it can go out and right back on but not the internet.  The last tech I talked with did a hard reset and said there is too much static on the line and, even though we have internet now, keep the appointment Friday with the repair person  to find out what is causing the static.  Hope it is not a pricy fix.

More rain today.  Sure wish we could send some out west where it is so dry.

The picture is Cal taking Whisper down the lane to the pasture the other day.

• connie, they should be able to just switch you to a new pair of wires to solve the problem.

The insurance adjuster is coming out tomorrow to let us know if they will help replace the fence ruined by the fire.

Someone is coming out to see my '71 Terry (travel trailer) I have up for sale.  Hopefully he makes a full-price offer.  It needs a lot, however is a decent little trailer all the same.  I also had two low-ball offers today and won't even answer them.  If they won't even come out to look first, I'm not interested in discussing it.

Went to look over my '51 Spartan today.  I should have asked Jmebear to borrow her tablet again.  Ah well.

Took he boys next door to run with Breezy.  The Neighbor has kindly offered a five-acre paddock to us untill we can get our fences back up.  Jmebear wants to just fence the closer half first and do the rest later.  I'm all for it as I've been wanting to cross-fence the back yard for several years anyway.

Hope everyone has a great  Thursday!