Quick Post

Sunday Settled down...

Sunday Settled down...
  • That would be my stomach that has settled down. After riding Friday I made it back to Danbury where kiddo has been staying for work/training. Spent Saturday piddling around (Goodwill and another thrift store "Savers" was on the agenda) I ate something that - well, 2 words - food poisoning. Thankfully (SO thankful) I made it to quitting time (for him) grabbed him and headed home. Once I got there I was able to lay down but my stomach had other ideas. Been a long time since my abs got that kind of work out. One day I'm going to be too old for that. Feel better this morning. Sipping hot tea to see how it sits. But I seem to be completely over it. Took the dogs for their morning drain. :O) So far so good.

I didn't get pictures. WHAAAA?! I did have one of the girls take a pic and text it to me so my friends would believe I was on a horse. :) I love the operation at that rescue so much. I'm going to try to go up on Friday and stay over. I've been eyeballing the Isuzu for the possibility of sleep room. Not sure... but I haven't ruled it out. The lady who runs it is from Sweden and she laughed at me and said I could sleep on her couch but I said "nooooo" because that would be sort of creepy for her, I'd think, the first time I met her. Maybe if I can arrange a weekend or two and let her get to know me that might be okay. I just feel like it would be... presumptuous? I don't know, ya know?

Stude, that little miss Appy needs to get over herself. What if the flames were licking at your heels?? (and it sounds like they almost were). There's a part of me that wishes I could have seen the pink coating fall. I can smile because it all worked out. So sorry about the damage. (insurance?) One things for sure, there will be new growth next season. Maybe things aren't as bad as they seem.

MK, I hope things continue to work out well for the recovery of Texas. Been very encouraging so far. I hate the gas is short. I've heard the refineries are okay. It's up about .75/GL here. (one day I'll make it to Frontier Days) OH speaking of, can't think about that without thinking about jewelry. When I visited my sister in Denver she pulled out all her semi-precious stones she wants (one day) to use for jewelry. She's very artistic. She's sad because she never seems to get to it. I told her that by taking them out and showing them to me she was loving on them so... jewelry ideas are forming. :) I told her my favorites just in case. lol So happy to still have my Texas jewelry I got there. I actually have a pair of earrings from Texas I intended to give to one of the daughters but kept it instead. So glad. Nothing we give them could ever be expensive enough.

Connie, time to get a goat. I wonder if there are or have been predators in that area where she doesn't want to be?

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Glad I have tomorrow off.
  • We have predators in the area and there is a stream and wetland behind the pasture.  Lots of deer but also coyotes and there are rumors of big cats.  We do have bears in the area but do not know if they are this close...they are within five miles of us, however.  Of course, we have wood chucks, squirrels, rabbits, crows, Eagles, buzzards, foxes and lots of other wildlife here.

Shoot, we have a regular nature preserve here.  There is a lot that adjoins us if anyone is interested..  No zoning so any kind of residence is acceptable.  The local respite farm...day hab for people with disabilities is looking for help.  The bus company, most schools, and the quarry.  Also Medical Transport jobs that do not fall under DOT.

Finally got rain last night..still raining.  Whisper does not mind, she likes it in the barn.

Cal has an about three hour wedding shuttle right after Church.  Hope the wedding party stays dry.  Tomorrow he will have a day off.  No special plans.  Would love to go to the horse auction in PA but the traffic there and the crowds at the sale on a holiday are horrid and we would come back with one so we are not going to attempt that.  I am thinking of having my dealer friend, the one I got Whisper from , keep an eye out for a skinny or fixable lame one that needs care...can do that and she would have company.  I like rehab.  Wish that standie rescue was closer.  

Well, guess it is time to get ready for Church.  

Hope everyone has a great day.